Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

I agree on Burger, his role should shift to impact player last 20 or 30. The rest, one p1$$ poor performance cannot erase the wealth of experience they bring to the team, so for me I would certainly keep Vic and Juan, but thats just me
Juan, when I watched the interview with him after the Japan match, looked seriously gaunt, he actually looked ill (not because of the loss) just didnt look his usual fit self. Almost like he dropped 15kg's?

Lood can feel a bit miffed and everyone past No.9 in the backline for that matter, the service was terrible.

I am not saying that the problem is only the 3 I mentioned, but like what was said previously the guys in the Bok-camp are not happy and what message does it send to the other guys especially to Kriel or Lood? "Jesse(Lood) you had a kark game, but we will be sticking with JdV(Matfield) that had an even karker game than you" Loyalty means Jack Schite to me, this is a World Cup play the best team damn it.

I agree with that. It's not ideal to drop 2 of the best performers.

But if these guys start catching form against Samoa, it will be seen as a masterstroke.

I see many people ridiculing this team selection. A little bit too much 'hate' on JdV and Vic...

I'm hoping based on the bench, that HM wants a steady start and halftime swap the oldies for the "preferred" starters we all seem to want. Things are just to deep and HM will not drop the "experienced" guys, that is clear, so he needs to use the reserves more wisely imo.

I will however support these guys come Saturday... think this is a better team we fielded against japan. Although as many pointed, I personally feel they underestimated the japan team and did not play to their potential (I mean PsdT as a loosie?). Silly making these assumptions I know, especially after our loss against argentina... but gotta get me syked up somehow. :p

I'm hoping based on the bench, that HM wants a steady start and halftime swap the oldies for the "preferred" starters we all seem to want. Things are just to deep and HM will not drop the "experienced" guys, that is clear, so he needs to use the reserves more wisely imo.

I will however support these guys come Saturday... think this is a better team we fielded against japan. Although as many pointed, I personally feel they underestimated the japan team and did not play to their potential (I mean PsdT as a loosie?). Silly making these assumptions I know, especially after our loss against argentina... but gotta get me syked up somehow. :p

PsDT was one of the better players of the weekend.

Just to the bench.

Let him come on in the second half when the Samoans are all tackled out. Less chance of injuring our current star player.

I think, like James Small, Wiese is getting a bit ahead there...

PsDT was one of the better players of the weekend.

No he wasn't. He made no metres at all with the ball, and was pretty invisible at the breakdown. He made his tackles, which is the least he could do.

Only de Jager really can be chuffed with himself, and Kriel tried hard.

Yeah. People are emotional. Rightfully so.

Under the conditions I can hardly see anything wrong with the team selection other than the backline combination. I also get the idea that Samoa will be playing at 80% today, concentrating to win Scotland and Japan, and will still punish us where possible to win the game.

Scotland is playing their best team today, according to their coach, so it may be a good thing.

I called Samoa with 5, but this was prior their August tour, and I believe now that the Springboks will take this one with 15-20 points.

Think we all will still support them even if we disagree on the team selections.

Based on the weekend, neither can Lambie.
Pollard, Lambie and Morné Steyn are the no 10s in the squad. If the former two can't kick tactically and HMs game plan is to kick tactically and not run everyball then surely the selection is wrong. He has to select Morne Steyn. He is the only player that fits that gameplan. Considering the no 15s in the squad Kirchner and Willie aren't great tactical kickers either it further points to the fact you have to select Morne Steyn at no 10.

Playing musical chairs with Lambie and Pollard when one kicks badly is not going to solve the kicking problem.

Back