Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Fiji's matchday 23

Team: 15-Metuisela Talebula, 14-Waisea Nayacalevu, 13-Vereniki Goneva, 12-Gabiriele Lovobalavu, 11-Nemani Nadolo, 10-Ben Volavola, 9-Nikola Matawalu; 8-Sakiusa Masi Matadigo, 7-Akapusi Qera (captain), 6-Dominiko Waqaniburotu, 5-Leone Nakarawa, 4-Apisalome Ratuniyarawa, 3-Manasa Saulo, 2-Sunia Koto, 1-Campese Ma'afu

Replacements - 16-Tuapati Talemaitoga, 17-Peni Ravai, 18- Isei Colati, 19-Tevita Cavubati, 20-Peceli Yato, 21-Nemia Kenatale, 22-Joshua Matavesi, 23-Aseli Tikoirotuma

Hope Nadolo gets loads of ball in loads of space.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
It's Japan ffs... how easy does he want it?

Lol, yes. This would have been the ideal game and he knows the Japanese players.

Errrrrrmmmmm.... :erm: That's what you normally do when a player returns from a long injury layoff.

The only problem is that Japan-based Du Preez will make his first World Cup appearance having not donned the Bok jumper in more than a year.

Injuries - the most recent being a knee ligament problem - have prevented the 33-year-old from playing for Meyer’s team this season, so is his being handled so carefully really worth it?

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/rugby/springboks/fourie-worth-the-gamble-yes-but-1.1904087#.VfljyhFsFBc

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Hasn't played proper rugby for a year, recent hardcore injury ....... no problem, Poephol will keep him for our important games :rolleyes:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It's Japan ffs... how easy does he want it?

Japan easy? I don't see that, they improved and have a steady and experienced World Cup team. They played better rugby in 2013/14, but Jones might have pulled them back into the World Cup. We will win, but Japan may take all the other teams in our pool. That SA-born Japanese is also a very good player which played at the Sharks.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Japan easy? I don't see that, they improved and have a steady and experienced World Cup team. They played better rugby in 2013/14, but Jones might have pulled them back into the World Cup. We will win, but Japan may take all the other teams in our pool. That SA-born Japanese is also a very good player which played at the Sharks.

Excuse him, he only follows the Lions.

so if not japan... who else???

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Excuse him, he only follows the Lions.

I had high hopes for the Samoans, but after I watched their games after the Pacific Cup it was dirty, unprofessional and downright nasty. It also seems that the match officials aren’t very keen to be unbiased towards the islanders… those referees based in the Northern Hemisphere.

All in all I think that Fiji have the best chance at proving the world wrong as they played good and clean rugby consistently in 2014/15. They could had even won the Canadians by a larger margin in their last game, but it seemed that they got laid back during the 2nd half.

In our pool, Samoa and Scotland must be wary of the Japanese. Argentina must beware the Tonga team.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
so if not japan... who else???

The only sure victory in our pool is The Eagles. Look, we will win Japan, and we must, but go have a look at their rugby union record over the last 3 years and their players’ calibre. In the case that Jones did pick his best team, then we need to play much better rugby than we played in Durban against the Pumas.