Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
He loves doing that. Kicks, chases the ball and then throws his hands in the air and dive :D

Must have developed that trick during his stint down in Cape Town as I see Cheslin Kolbe has started doing it too. A WP thing maybe? :p

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Must have developed that trick during his stint down in Cape Town as I see Cheslin Kolbe has started doing it too. A WP thing maybe? :p

This is Habana milking at his best.

[video=youtube;QalzKWdpdyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=QalzKWdpdyg[/video]

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/sep/16/rugby-world-cup-divers-will-be-punished

Rugby World Cup divers to face sinbin as rugby gets tough with cheats

Good. I remember when Habana did it, seeing it in local club rugby as well…

And Yoann Huget for a French club a couple of years back. The good thing is that he was so chastised by fans and administrators alike that he felt obligated to make a public apology on Twitter. :D

EDIT: And I think it deserves a yellow card. It does not belong in rugby at all. Luckily we have TV referees in rugby, so we can sort it out during the game, if the on-field officials are willing.

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
Habana will be the best player for South Africa in RWC2015 as all the other "legends" will be injured within the first couple of pool games.

Pitbull

Verboten
I have a funny feeling JdV is only there as an experienced skipper. He will have another career ending "injury" in the first game and be there as a mentor for the rest of the RWC. As his selection makes ZERO sense... Just kept Frans Steyn out of the squad.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have a funny feeling JdV is only there as an experienced skipper. He will have another career ending "injury" in the first game and be there as a mentor for the rest of the RWC. As his selection makes ZERO sense... Just kept Frans Steyn out of the squad.

Jean better watch his knee, the Japanese are planning to chop us.

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/rug...7/Japan_chop_tackle_to_counter_Springbok_bulk

Japan 'chop tackle' to counter Springbok bulk

But Jones said Japan's players can counter the brawn with smart 'chop' tackles where the defender throws his arms around an advancing player's legs.

"I've said this to the guys, but I think Japan players are the best chop tacklers in the world. They have to be, to cope with the size of the other teams," said Jones, a key assistant to Japan's head coach Eddie Jones.

"We are the best chop team in the world."

South Africa's coach Heyneke Meyer has acknowledged the awkward threat posed by the Japanese XV.

"We play against the big teams from the Southern and Northern Hemisphere quite often and with them it’s mostly a case of you know what to expect," said Meyer.

"But Japan will pose a different threat," he added. "Our players who play in Japan have warned us to expect a very high tempo game and good, low tackling to stop momentum."

Know that I think about it, by length they are the smallest team in the World Cup, every high tackle is a chop tackle. :p

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

It's well-documented that other stuff kept Frans Steyn out of the squad.

You have to give Jean a chance to at least attempt to show some semblance of form and get some seriously needed gametime. The game against Japan makes the most sense. The only other option would be the USA game, which is the last game in our pool, so not really an option either.

After what he's meant as captain during 2012-14, he deserves at least a chance.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Haha that made me laugh. :D

Japan's warm up game against Georgia...

[video=youtube;dMJ_Lu8JK70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJ_Lu8JK70[/video]

Holani. Chop.

I guess Jones will play Mafi, Japan's kamikaze number 8.

Pitbull

Verboten
It's well-documented that other stuff kept Frans Steyn out of the squad.

You have to give Jean a chance to at least attempt to show some semblance of form and get some seriously needed gametime. The game against Japan makes the most sense. The only other option would be the USA game, which is the last game in our pool, so not really an option either.

After what he's meant as captain during 2012-14, he deserves at least a chance.

So he's there out of loyalty?

At least we agree on one thing. Because there is no way he's even in the top 5 centres in SA atm. But I suppose people feel they owe him something. This however can cost SA the RWC.

At least we agree on one thing. Because there is no way he's even in the top 5 centres in SA atm. But I suppose people feel they owe him something. This however can cost SA the RWC.

O you, welcome. We had this conversation already when they picked the squad :p

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

I seriously doubt he'll see the knockouts if he plays like Jorrie Muller. He pretty much has to match De Allende's great play in the RC to do that.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Habana can actually have a really good presence on the field but only when he doesn't rush up for that damn intercept or brings his soccer drama.

Habana can actually have a really good presence on the field but only when he doesn't rush up for that damn intercept or brings his soccer drama.

Habana in my book is effective when he starts looking for work. When he just hangs out on the wing... he's useless.

Pitbull

Verboten
To this day I still don't see Habana as a great player.

He brought pace to Rugby that was unheard of till he arrived. His pure speed made him run circles around defenders. He was a remarkable player when he just started playing. Then he started to chase up on the attacking line for interceptions. It worked in the beginning and then they started to read him. Since then he has just become an average player.

If he can get back to his roots like when he just started to play for the Lions and the Bulls. He can make a massive impact as said by MH. But he needs to stop trying so hard to score tries and stick to the basics. The tries will be a plenty then.

He brought pace to Rugby that was unheard of till he arrived. His pure speed made him run circles around defenders. He was a remarkable player when he just started playing. Then he started to chase up on the attacking line for interceptions. It worked in the beginning and then they started to read him. Since then he has just become an average player.

If he can get back to his roots like when he just started to play for the Lions and the Bulls. He can make a massive impact as said by MH. But he needs to stop trying so hard to score tries and stick to the basics. The tries will be a plenty then.

Chasing up for interception... at the bulls right... guess who was the backline coach... slap tjips. Coincidence? :D :D (just a joke, and not meant as an actual fact)

Problem is, Habana isn't as quick as he was... not for a long time. He's put on too much muscle which made he strong, but made him slower.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Chasing up for interception... at the bulls right... guess who was the backline coach... slap tjips. Coincidence? :D :D (just a joke, and not meant as an actual fact)

Problem is, Habana isn't as quick as he was... not for a long time. He's put on too much muscle which made he strong, but made him slower.

Nah, I think it's that new hairstyle ........ so much of bad it kills his playing :D