Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

crackersa

Honorary Master
Well done to South Africa. Everyone expected a blow out, but to lose by 2 points against New Zealand, that says something. You gentleman are still champion material.

Be proud, hold your heads high, the next World Cup is only 4 years away

Necropolis

Executive Member
Well done to South Africa. Everyone expected a blow out, but to lose by 2 points against New Zealand, that says something. You gentleman are still champion material.

Absolutely!

lilggg

Expert Member
Why even have a backline. We passed the ball wide in the first 5mins and never again.

skimread

Honorary Master
I have never seen a game like this. Milner Skudder the most dangerous runner in the world cup keeps on kicking grubbers to our corners because he knows we don't have a tactical kicker at 10 or 15. When have you EVER seen an All Black play like that.

Our bad tactical kicking is so obvious even the opposition plan to exploits. When have you seen an All Black team kick instead of running as much they did today. They played like an old South African team. We were lucky to keep the score down to what it was and the score flatter us as we never were in the game. Heyneke Meyer is the much stupid coach ever. After half time talk with an extra man we played worse. That is what a crap influence HM is. He is cancer. Our players didn't cost us the game. Heyneke Meyer did.
You can go back in the thread I harped on and on week after week how bad Pollard's kicking is. This is why I'm not so upset after this loss.

AthenianOwl

Executive Member

+1. Hopefully with a whole new team :)

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
+1. If we didn't have a fly half that couldn't kick us out of a shoebox things would have been different. Something had to give.

We were never in any danger of winning that. ABs knew that they just needed to keep us in our own half, clean up their discipline and the points would come.

Meyer played a running flyhalf and full back with no tactical kicking game and told them to play a kicking game.

Meyer at his finest.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Wut?

Norrafok!

This was a narrow loss not a humiliation
I almost feel the same as him though. Because it was so close we got emotionally invested on the game. If it was a beating it would be easier to not care.

Jola

Honorary Master
Glad we only lost by 2 points.

But as someone said, you can't play strategic without strategic players, mainly the flyhalf.

His goal-kicking was great, but strategic kicking poor.

And as I said before the game, the wet conditions favoured the AB's - they grow up playing in the mud.

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
Our tactical kicking was poor and simply gave away possession. And apart from the first two minutes, we didn't have a back line.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Our tactical kicking was poor and simply gave away possession. And apart from the first two minutes, we didn't have a back line.
And yet how good did we look in those first two minutes..? Now why the hell can't we keep on doing that.