Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

skimread

Honorary Master
Lol, rather keep quiet. What other choice did they have?
Agree. Well done to the All Blacks. They just exploited a weakness of the South African team, a weakness that was obvious to any rugby person this whole world cup. If you have such an obvious weakness without the coaches looking to fix it, the blame lies squarely on the coaches and the people who hired them.

Mike7

Personally I thin this was our last change. Transformation and the **** that goes with that will kill our rugby going forward. I hope to be proven wrong.

Having a foreign coach that picks on merit would be quite interesting.

Yeah they said this before the last WC and the one before that and and...

Lambie came on and immediately our backline was inventive again. I'll give Pollard his dues for being on point with goal kicking but he's bloody clueless in every other way.

Nah, rubbish. Lambie didn't do anything "inventive". The only thing I remember him doing is kicking the penalty and knocking a crucial ball on.

I've been critical of the side and and the play style but I'm proud of our guys. They gave it their all but it wasn't good enough. :(

cybershark

Expert Member
Yeah they said this before the last WC and the one before that and and...

If the rugby administrators don't, the politicians might force them this time and it'll be far worse.

Nah, rubbish. Lambie didn't do anything "inventive". The only thing I remember him doing is kicking the penalty and knocking a crucial ball on.

It's not just about inventiveness, it's about making decisive decisions, leading the backline. The fly-half has the most time to choose the best course of action. FdP has been making most of the decisions, the problem with that is, the scrum half only has a partial view of the field of play. I'm not advocating for Lambie, we need to find a fly half that can do this if we want a more creative Bok team.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It was actually a draw!!! We won the first half, they won the second.....

skimread

Honorary Master
Du Preez had to take too much on his shoulders in the 2nd half because Pollard can't kick out of our 22 so the All Black f'ed him up good. He should have been replaced but because awful Pienaar was on the bench it couldn't be done.

Check out how swollen his face is on the left side. You can't see it great on this angle though.
[video=youtube;lGLuekETwN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGLuekETwN8[/video]

crackersa

Honorary Master
+1. Hopefully with a whole new team :)

Vokof, we all know your agenda. You don't want a winning team, you want a transforms government supported team. At least in America, we know what it takes to be winners. Black, white, Asian or Latino we all know that our blood runs red

ponder

Honorary Master
Lambie came on and immediately our backline was inventive again. I'll give Pollard his dues for being on point with goal kicking but he's bloody clueless in every other way.

Lambie made no difference to that game, neither would F Steyn, not because of them but due to the current style of our game.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm afraid that transformation in rugby will be the next 'bigger' topic than before in SA. A court ruling has already been made and the situation of transformation is now in their hands. I believe that the Springboks did superbly to reach the semi-finals and to blame their loss today on the lack of transformation will be an utter disgrace.

Expect a collective march to SARU and the other South African rugby unions :whistling: Hopefully not, but jislaaik did Pieter de Villiers ride this opportunity...

ponder

Honorary Master
Moenie tos praat nie. It was the same game plan all the way through. And in terms of being inventive, Lambie would be the last flyhalf I'd pick.

His tactical kicking was longer though, which helped. Pollard wasn't gaining any more than 30 metres with his kicks.

And you are so far crawled up HMs ass in general it's sickening.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Naas just said it: our creativity hasn't been there for the last 4 years

HM take a bow. SoB.

Sadly a 2 point loss against the All Blacks means Meyer probably did enough for another 4 years of destroying Bok rugby.

I cried a little when I read this. Mostly 'cos this is most likely our cruel fate.

It was actually a draw!!! We won the first half, they won the second.....

You Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman, and I'll take this :D

ponder

Honorary Master
I cried a little when I read this. Mostly 'cos this is most likely our cruel fate.

Yeah he's probably right and it's very sad. Another 4yrs of this domkrag rugby is soul destroying.

ponder

Honorary Master
Not to mention players escalating injury count and / or early retirement.

He's got his blue eyed boys and they'll probably all end up in the same retirement home as HM, one happy family :D