Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
We really should still make the QF's though. We don't have to win with bonus points (if my maths is correct). Fourteen points should be enough to get through (even if it is in second place in the pool). These two bonus points could yet prove to be our salvation.

That said, what's the point? The way we played today, we're only delaying the inevitable. HM spoke about approaching this tournament as playing in seven 'finals'. This was not finals rugby today, that's for sure.

Oh well, what's done is done. Regroup, reset and start the next game on a fresh note.

FoXtroT

Expert Member
upside - assuming we recover from this and get to the next round - at least HM now has no illusions around whether this is his best team or not - they're not

Yeah, he can't bring up that excuse anymore that he needs the experience there. We JdV should not be near the field, de Allende and Kriel at center, Willie at fullback, Kolisi at flank, Vermeulan at 8 and Captain and de Jager and Etsebeth at lock with PTSD on the bench.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Japan's defense was immense. At stages it seems as if they had 20 people on the field.

bavuma_rabada

Will and determination was visible on the Japanese faces. Mind power.

Also noticed huge SA guys being pushed backwards ???

I'm happy they won.
I think that was the most embarassing thing about this match. They were outmuscled a number of times.

Japs kicking to touch early in the match sent a message. No one in the Bok thinktank registered that. For the mere fact that he literally played like he was two men Jesse Kriel has to be MoM. It could've been worse.

How Heyneke failed to come up with a plan to counter the Japs' scrum will be debated for decades to come. They said Victor and Co caried PdV. How did JdV, Victor and co fail to come up with onfiled plans to stop the Japs!

Picking rusty&injured players was bound to come back to bite the Boks. So many handling errors and avoidable penalties conceded. Guys going walkabout during the match.

The Golden Lions would have beaten Japan today!

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
We really should still make the QF's though. We don't have to win with bonus points (if my maths is correct). Fourteen points should be enough to get through (even if it is in second place in the pool). These two bonus points could yet prove to be our salvation.

That said, what's the point? The way we played today, we're only delaying the inevitable. HM spoke about approaching this tournament as playing in seven 'finals'. This was not finals rugby today, that's for sure.

Oh well, what's done is done. Regroup, reset and start the next game on a fresh note.

I don't see us beating Scotland in Newcastle, close to the Scottish Border though. If I'm wrong on that, I'll be the happiest man in the world.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
pdOjeOS.jpg

hhahahahaha

skimread

Honorary Master
Heyneke Meyer has the creativity of the person who designed the Japanese Flag