Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Not to take anything away from Japan. They played great. But is this not the price you pay for continuous political interference?
No. This had nothing to do about colour. This was everything to do about playing contracted players which is past their sell by date.

There should be no such thing as a contract. You don't play well, you get dropped. End of story.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
So how many of you started out the evening supporting the boks and ended up cheering for Japan?

/puts up hand :D

Anyone who enjoyed the game would have wanted them to have the win. They deserved it 100%.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Yeah I can read, also noticing people comparing this victory to Pearl Harbour...

Well it kinda makes sense, so yeah.

And who are we kidding? Yes, Japan played well and fully deserve their victory, but it's not like we played like one of the top 3 teams in the world - clearly we aren't at the moment. If we played like we were supposed to be playing, they wouldn't have been within 20 points of us. Or do you think they'll be giving any other of the top 7 sides in the world a go anytime soon?

bavuma_rabada

Agree. I will not wear my springbok jersey again, until I think they deserve it.
The alarm bells rang during the 2014 end of year Northern Hemiphere tour. Denialists ganged up on me instead of smellign the coffee.

You should have stopped wearing that jersey back then. ;)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
So how many of you started out the evening supporting the boks and ended up cheering for Japan?

I ended up on my knees ...... praying for the whistle to blow .... but it was in vain.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
For the sake of my mental health, I'm not watching the remaining games.

Hehe. Yeah. Good idea. Personally I don't feel as depressed as I thought I would - all this politics and bitching about the Boks before the world cup has killed my enthusiasm for the Boks a bit - that was not the reason we lost at all, but it softened the blow a bit mentally.

Prepare yourself now for more losses coming in the next 2 games.