Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

crackersa

Honorary Master
The scrumhalf only gets a certain amount of time to clear the ball from a static maul or ruck and keep it moving. The idea is to stop time wasting. It's usually about 5 seconds that you're allowed, before he turns over possession.

Understandably refs give a lot of leeway with this as you don't want to unnecessarily disadvantage the attacking team.

They'll sometimes say "use it or lose it".

Agh ok, now with you. Thanks! Who would have guessed that you were actually helpful around here :)

crackersa

Honorary Master
Japan have lost tests to Tonga, Fiji and USA this year. They ranked 14th. What we witnessed tonight was a Bok performance of farcical proportions.

I guess there was no way that Japan was the better team and actually performing in top tier rugby?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
My heart always go out to the thrashing these small teams get, regardless of being SA supporter Japan always had a special place for me, and have supported them since 1995 WC.I still remember watching their games in Esselen Park (kempton park), beer tents back in 1995. While it may sound unpatriotic I will be cheering them as well as the bokke.

You are right. It is not nice to see them get thrashed. And yet they kept going and coming back to do their thing at the WC. Respect!

I will however not be cheering for them. They might have my respect now, but that is where it ends.

Archer

Honorary Master
I guess there was no way that Japan was the better team and actually performing in top tier rugby?

Of course not, it is all the fault of the SA team, Japan only won because we let them :rolleyes:

I just laugh at the people getting all emotional, like that idiot burning his springbok jersey, haha. And people saying it was a disgrace that we lost. Pfft, losing against that caliber of rugby, sheer willpower and confidence is not a disgrace at all.

The reffing on the other hand, w...t...f.. how did the TMO check the wrong bloody for the one try, and the ref on the field just goes with it? Now that is a disgrace

Last edited:

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
So where be the fault then?
1) ye olde coach?
2) ye affirmative politicians?
3) ye olde players?
4) just *** players?
5) typical arrogance?

So many questions.. Such little world cup...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Of course not, it is all the fault of the SA team, Japan only won because we let them :rolleyes:

I just laugh at the people getting all emotional, like that idiot burning his springbok jersey, haha.

No better than the Supporters Against Racist Rugby Associations (SARRA).

The group, supported by former Bok coach Peter de Villiers, set a Green and Gold jersey on fire, and said they will continue to destroy shirts until their demands are met.

Feck, I don't want to read the news on Monday...

The Springboks will recover, we have to learn, and I'm sure that we will be able to beat Samoa and Scotland. Pick the right team... I also believe that NZ will want to avoid us in this World Cup, an opponent tested many times.

crackersa

Honorary Master
No better than the Supporters Against Racist Rugby Associations (SARRA).

Feck, I don't want to read the news on Monday...

The Springboks will recover, we have to learn, and I'm sure that we will be able to beat Samoa and Scotland. Pick the right team... I also believe that NZ will want to avoid us in this World Cup, an opponent tested many times.

This isn't a politics thread

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So where be the fault then?
1) ye olde coach?
2) ye affirmative politicians?
3) ye olde players?
4) just *** players?
5) typical arrogance?

So many questions.. Such little world cup...

Hey, the Scottish is up next Wednesday to tackle the Brave Blossoms. To answer your question, 6) management (incl. 1).

crackersa

Honorary Master
Even if the boks win the World Cup, HM will be ragged for losing against Japan