Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

DWPTA

Expert Member
Well didn't really care if the Boks win or lose. I really thought that they will at least make the quarters, but I don't think so. I reckon they will lose either to Samoa or Scotland.

Boks to come home after the round robin stage.

MickeyD

RIP
France showed how you win a RWC game...

You kick your kickable penalties and put points on the board.

Yes, the 4 try bonus point is pretty vital but full points for the win is even more important!

APoc184

Honorary Master
Spare a thought for the poor souls who submitted their photos and who were imprinted on the Bok jersey numbers...

bokka1

Expert Member
Well didn't really care if the Boks win or lose. I really thought that they will at least make the quarters, but I don't think so. I reckon they will lose either to Samoa or Scotland.

Boks to come home after the round robin stage.

Before the WC I called that they will lose in the QF's but now I am also thinking that they are not going to go any further than the round robin stage.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I think ya'll need to chill and let COSATU do the whole naysaying thing. We lost one game (still got bonus points) against a Japanese team that just had the game of their life (can they actually repeat this performance?). Chances are they'll still crash out.

...unless we lose against another team in the group stage. Then fsck 'em.

cybershark

Expert Member
A lot can be said about the boks, lets start with the obvious, Willem Alberts pulling out just before kick off was huge, being replaced by a lock was laughable. Our clearing out at the ruck clearly suffered as a result.

This is a year for the boks setting records losing.

Will post more when I have time.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I think ya'll need to chill and let COSATU do the whole naysaying thing. We lost one game (still got bonus points) against a Japanese team that just had the game of their life (can they actually repeat this performance?). Chances are they'll still crash out.

...unless we lose against another team in the group stage. Then fsck 'em.

Yes, finishing 2nd in our pool wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for our knock out route to the final. QF against the winners of pool A, so either England or Australia. SF against either Ireland, France or Argentina so we could avoid NZ until meeting them in the final, assuming obviously we progress.

Who is likely to win our pool though?

Scotland have been showing some good pre-tournament form so I would expect them to progress. I can't see Japan winning again. They might knock USA over but other than that....?

Boks were farcical, they played with zero intent, vigor, passion or pride in sharp contrast to Japan who were totally committed to the Cause.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Yes, finishing 2nd in our pool wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for our knock out route to the final. QF against the winners of pool A, so either England or Australia. SF against either Ireland, France or Argentina so we could avoid NZ until meeting them in the final, assuming obviously we progress.

Who is likely to win our pool though?

Scotland have been showing some good pre-tournament form so I would expect them to progress. I can't see Japan winning again. They might knock USA over but other than that....?

Boks were farcical, they played with zero intent, vigor, passion or pride in sharp contrast to Japan who were totally committed to the Cause.
Scotland beats US but manages to lose against Japan. We cream the rest of them scoring bonus points along the way and suddenly we are the top pool finisher.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Scotland beats US but manages to lose against Japan. We cream the rest of them scoring bonus points along the way and suddenly we are the top pool finisher.

Yeah, we can still win our pool. But it might not be the end of the world if we don't is all I'm saying. Especially if you consider the pool of death nature of pool A. Whoever wins that pool would have to play extremely well. They may have played their best rugby in the tournament to have won that pool. Peaked too early? Played their best rugby? I am of course searching for the proverbial silver lining out of this historic Bok defeat.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Yeah, we can still win our pool. But it might not be the end of the world if we don't is all I'm saying. Especially if you consider the pool of death nature of pool A. Whoever wins that pool would have to play extremely well. They may have played their best rugby in the tournament to have won that pool. Peaked too early? Played their best rugby? I am of course searching for the proverbial silver lining out of this historic Bok defeat.
Yeah, the only reason to not want to win our pool is to not want to play the All Blacks. But that's about it. To be honest I'd rather be knocked out by the All Blacks in the QF than win the RWC without having played them.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah, the only reason to not want to win our pool is to not want to play the All Blacks. But that's about it. To be honest I'd rather be knocked out by the All Blacks in the QF than win the RWC without having played them.

We'd meet them in the final.