Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Japan is close to losing the hosting of RWC2019. Complete lack of interest and support from local gov and sponsors. Now their team's unexpected victory might just give rugby the boost it needs in that country to get the RWC2019 on the map.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful serendipity if the rebuilt Boks then won RWC2019 in Japan.
The main stadium is not ready and most likely will not be.

Lots of people commenting about Springbok fans applauding Japanese fans off the train and such, awesome to hear, gotta love the fan spirit in rugby.

After seeing NZ struggle, England not showing much desire either. My Money will be on Ireland to win it. I'm calling it now ;)

After seeing NZ struggle, England not showing much desire either. My Money will be on Ireland to win it. I'm calling it now ;)

NZ looked a lot better once the reserves started coming on. Unfortunately I didn't see much of Ireland's game :(

Japan beat South Africa with their eyes half closed. Imagine if they play with their eyes wide open. :whistling:

So, anyone pick up on the story of how the SA Supporters formed an honour guard for the Japanese supporters after the game?

That is sportsmanship - well done to those Saffers for showing some of the best parts of being a South African.

Well done.

So, anyone pick up on the story of how the SA Supporters formed an honour guard for the Japanese supporters after the game?

That is sportsmanship - well done to those Saffers for showing some of the best parts of being a South African.

Well done.

Linky? Or I guess I can google it. That sounds like an amazing story and shows why rugby is so great.

Back