Official: Siya Kolisi signs for Sharks on a multi-year deal

zeb

Expert Member
WP fans must be partying. They can finally pick a full team of 15 rugby players again.
Sharks supporters, sorry for your loss.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
WP fans must be partying. They can finally pick a full team of 15 rugby players again.
Sharks supporters, sorry for your loss.
Wasn't my first pick for flank in our wp/stormers squad.. Glad he signed for the sharks.. Pity Jaco coetzee left.. Now theres a flank!

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
A change is as good as a holiday. Maybe Siya will find an extra gear at the Sharks. I'm prepared to give him a chance before moaning

koogs

WP wanted a R1 million transfer fee for Siya even though his contract with them ended at the end of last season...

Sharks have new American investors who also represent Siya so this is all about signing a "big name" player.

EADC

Executive Member
Not at all.. I'm glad he left.. He may be a very nice guy and all but as stated previously there were better players in his position at WP

There are always better players every year, always without fail.

But that's mostly because fans are biased and have no real insight into team dynamics.

Big Rat

Well crap then, So he thinks it is ok to just walk out of a contract then. and everybody moans at Province for initially not wanting to release him?
If that is the ethics of your captain, then do not act surprised if other players want to follow this act.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Well crap then, So he thinks it is ok to just walk out of a contract then. and everybody moans at Province for initially not wanting to release him?
If that is the ethics of your captain, then do not act surprised if other players want to follow this act.
Apparently he settled his own release. Rumours had it to be around R1m.