Official Vox DSL feedback thread

CrazyBob

Getting <1mbps on a 40mbps vDSL line. Muizenberg, CPT. Had fairly poor connectivity yesterday, but now it feels like 1995.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Getting <1mbps on a 40mbps vDSL line. Muizenberg, CPT. Had fairly poor connectivity yesterday, but now it feels like 1995.

Yup ... here too in Diep River.

40Mbs VDSL running at under 2Mbs

Recorded message on their support line that fibre and ADSL/VDSL subscribers will be experiencing slow connectivity and upstream providers are investigating... please be patient... blah blah...

Last edited:

CrazyBob

Yup ... here too in Diep River.

40Mbs VDSL running at under 2Mbs

Recorded message on their support line that fibre and ADSL/VDSL subscribers will be experiencing slow connectivity and upstream providers are investigating... please be patient... blah blah...
Yeah, I heard that too. Oh well, first real issue I’ve had with them in 3+ years. Not too bad.

Hatefulsandwich

Yeah, I heard that too. Oh well, first real issue I’ve had with them in 3+ years. Not too bad.

It's not just Vox at any rate. I'm having bad speed regardless of whether I try my Telkom account or Vox account. Others from Web Africa were complaining earlier.

StevenC

Expert Member
Yeah it's been noticeably degraded for the last few days. Plumstead, CPT.
Can't even connect to Overwatch servers :S

i.got~issues

Expert Member
It's not just Vox at any rate. I'm having bad speed regardless of whether I try my Telkom account or Vox account. Others from Web Africa were complaining earlier.

Yup

Same poor throughput on other accounts here as well... so not limited to my VOX account... 40Mbs VDSL.

Last edited:

Neuro

Same here. 40Mb VDSL line...getting less than 1Mb download
Fish Hoek

Moridin

Anybody heard when this "Telkom" issue will be sorted. I develop from home and have been struggling the whole day. Pages takes between 3 - 5 minutes just to open.

My boys have been staring at me the whole day because they are unable to do online gaming.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Struggling with Vox at the moment. Telkom no issues, but my streams are buffering like crazy

Pada

Executive Member
My issue seemed to have resolved itself, my pings are back to what I would consider normal.
Our download & upload speeds has also been quite bad today on VOX business fibre in Cape Town area, and we've had about 10% packet loss from about 16:00 till 22:30'ish.

Like you can clearly see from our graph (where we monitor packet loss from JHB to CPT) that it gradually recovered between 22:45 - 23:00:

vox-latencies-11apr2019.png
* Click image for larger view

I'll have to see what their response is to the issue that we've logged...

Pada

Executive Member
How's your internet doing today?
My Internet has been fine since last night 23:00, and VOX support even phoned me back telling me its all okay now.

The big issue I still have is that since I reported the issue after it cleared, they can't tell me what the cause was :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
Could be Vox CPT IPC at Teraco that is congested. The IPC rate limit that they pay for when traffic reaches the max packetloss,increased latency and slow speeds happens. When you switch to another ISP it works fine. This issue will obviously only affect people in South parts and Openserve only.

Some trace routes should pin point the IPC hop that is the problem.

Hatefulsandwich

Things are super slow for me again today. Similar to two weeks ago my upload speed seems to be fine, but download speed is 0.2Mbps.

Edit: Again, seems to be on Telkom since I'm having bad speeds regardless of ISP used.

pouroverguy

Expert Member
Things are super slow for me again today. Similar to two weeks ago my upload speed seems to be fine, but download speed is 0.2Mbps.

Edit: Again, seems to be on Telkom since I'm having bad speeds regardless of ISP used.

Same for me. I'm in the Cape Town area, and getting terrible download speeds on both my Vox and Afrihost capped accounts.

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Connection is completely poked today. Im feeling a bit lazy to change ISP accounts, anyone else having issues?

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
I stopped being lazy and changed to a capped afrihost package, definitely a Vox issue.