Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Detka

This is crystal web v2 in the making. They cannot run a consistent service in western cape...

Detka

It's not Vox though, it's Openserve...
and i pay to who? What difference it makes for my internet? should i feel better that it is not Vox? vox has SLA wiith openserver and it is between them to manage as they get paid to provide good service and not this thit clown fiesta

CuriouS

and i pay to who? What difference it makes for my internet? should i feel better that it is not Vox? vox has SLA wiith openserver and it is between them to manage as they get paid to provide good service and not this thit clown fiesta

Any ISP who has to use Openserve infrastructure will be victim to the same issues. What do you want Vox to do? To send technicians out to repair NOT their hardware? And then get sued for some kind of damages by Openserve when they see someone's messed with something on their hardware. I'm sure their SLA makes space for downtime such as this. Only way this kind of thing improves if people have options in terms of competition. But hardly anyone seems willing to interconnect with other providers' networks, so we just have lots of little Openserves everywhere.

Looks like it might be a fibre break on Openserve side?

They didn't mention what it was, but did say that it was affecting some clients in JHB as well. High latency on the line. My upload speed was previously not as badly affected, but seems a bit worse now.

Detka

Any ISP who has to use Openserve infrastructure will be victim to the same issues. What do you want Vox to do? To send technicians out to repair NOT their hardware? And then get sued for some kind of damages by Openserve when they see someone's messed with something on their hardware. I'm sure their SLA makes space for downtime such as this. Only way this kind of thing improves if people have options in terms of competition. But hardly anyone seems willing to interconnect with other providers' networks, so we just have lots of little Openserves everywhere.

They didn't mention what it was, but did say that it was affecting some clients in JHB as well. High latency on the line. My upload speed was previously not as badly affected, but seems a bit worse now.
dude stop whiteknightng. Who cares ? you feel bad for a company but customers suffering every month because their **** break on exchange is fine? delusion man. go post 5 star rating.

Just to edit amount of effort i have to go through to prove their tech support that there is issue outisde of my router? i had 5 days ticket open so that their tech call me and tell me to plug mu lan cable into PC to see if it is not the router when they had all trace logs needed. yes **** vox and openserve equally.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
dude stop whiteknightng. Who cares ? you feel bad for a company but customers suffering every month because their **** break on exchange is fine? delusion man. go post 5 star rating.

Just to edit amount of effort i have to go through to prove their tech support that there is issue outisde of my router? i had 5 days ticket open so that their tech call me and tell me to plug mu lan cable into PC to see if it is not the router when they had all trace logs needed. yes **** vox and openserve equally.
Then move.

cavedog

Honorary Master

If it is it's not affecting me in Centurion PTA at all. Playing League of legends all day with ~185ms without any issues.

8243279827.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
Out of curiousity, which ISPs use a different backbone to Vox?

Well basically EVERY ISP is on that list. Webafrica and Openweb both uses Internet Solutions. Other than those 2 every ISP I know uses their own network.

SpleenPoker

Well basically EVERY ISP is on that list. Webafrica and Openweb both uses Internet Solutions. Other than those 2 every ISP I know uses their own network.

Is that so? Interesting. I just tried my Afrihost and Axxess account and they are just as dead sadly. I'm in Southern Subs, CPT. ADSL here still

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is that so? Interesting. I just tried my Afrihost and Axxess account and they are just as dead sadly. I'm in Southern Subs, CPT. ADSL here still

You see there is a difference between the ISP's own network and backbone and your cable provider. If the issue is with your line or cable provider like Openserve switching ISP's won't help at all. If the issue is with the ISP's backbone or network then switching ISP's will fix the issue.

Sounds more like there is a cable break or issue with Openserve at Teraco before the traffic gets handed to the ISP's.

SpleenPoker

You see there is a difference between the ISP's own network and backbone and your cable provider. If the issue is with your line or cable provider like Openserve switching ISP's won't help at all. If the issue is with the ISP's backbone or network then switching ISP's will fix the issue.

Sounds more like there is a cable break or issue with Openserve at Teraco before the traffic gets handed to the ISP's.

Ah, thanks. That makes sense. Learn something new every day.
Cheers

Moridin

Same **** all over Africa wherever a state or semi-state owned or previously state owned company runs the show. Piss poor service delivery and no urgency to fix things.

Cairbre

Did Vox DNS just die? Had to change mine to google to get back online
That's what it looks like to me. Existing connections stayed open, new connections unavailable. Also just switched to google DNS.