Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Dianysis

Expert Member
Really get tired of this s*** at night with Vox. Switch to a back up - all smooth sailing.
Utterly ridiculous.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Can someone tell me how Vox dsl work? I am about to purchase their 100gb deal. Please?
What do you mean how it works?
Do you have a line? Vox fatpipe works according to line speed, enter the PPPoE details on your router and click connect.
Can't really give specific instructions as you need to narrow the question.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Really get tired of this s*** at night with Vox. Switch to a back up - all smooth sailing.
Utterly ridiculous.

Yeah just don't know why you are struggling like this because for me it's well pretty damn good and even considered moving from Supersonic to my Vox fatpipe account permanently. Been using the Vox account for like a week full time now and it's been really good.

vox_mybb.png

Dianysis

Expert Member
@cavedog Yeah, Vox has been awesome for me for me a long while. But for the last month or so, I have had this double ping issue which has just gotten worse. Getting it every night now. Vox can't see an issue on the tracerts and they say that anything under 100 ms locally is acceptable. Nearly fell off my chair. Sent through a whole bunch of tracerts (national and international) recently and now waiting for some feedback. Not going to hold my breath though.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@cavedog Yeah, Vox has been awesome for me for me a long while. But for the last month or so, I have had this double ping issue which has just gotten worse. Getting it every night now. Vox can't see an issue on the tracerts and they say that anything under 100 ms locally is acceptable. Nearly fell off my chair. Sent through a whole bunch of tracerts (national and international) recently and now waiting for some feedback. Not going to hold my breath though.

Yeah 1st line support is usually guys that just need a 9 to 5 they don't even want to hear anything else when you tell them I have restarted the router 2 time already.

Dianysis

Expert Member
Yeah 1st line support is usually guys that just need a 9 to 5 they don't even want to hear anything else when you tell them I have restarted the router 2 time already.
Very disappointing as I have been enjoying my time with Vox. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Thanks again for all the tests and checks you have done over this time.

Anakha56

Posted this in the Telkom thread but will post here as well:

Not sure if related but mentioning it just in case someone with more knowledge can shine a light.

My work fiber has been performing extremely badly since early yesterday, VOX have investigated and it is an upstream provider issue, the link between Durban and P.E. is performing horrendously, big packet loss. At the time I was given that info they could not tell me the reason why just that the technicians are working on it. So if Telkom is routing through to P.E. and then to next hop that could be a reason why we in Durban are having problems.

StevenC

Expert Member
Looks like it's time to shop for a new ISP...
Contacted Vox support this evening due to extremely unstable ping and connectivity issues (not able to login to Overwatch, and the ping graph in PoE looking like an old man at a strip club's heart monitor). Switched to 1gb Afrihost trial and everything is fine.

Support agent should get fired, basically ignores me, tells me they can do nothing about the latency, and that my data that they provide works, because I can connect to their website. Then I am told to contact Telkom instead. Nowhere to rate the interaction, wonder why :D

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Hmmmm.... latency issues, buffering Youtube videos... time-outs... on Vox VDSL account.

Support immediately says zero issues on Vox side... it is a Telkom issue, I must contact Telkom.

Other ISP accounts on same line OK...

Oh well.

Dianysis

Expert Member
Yeah, my Vox Fat Pipe has also been giving issues for the past 10 minutes or so.

Seems to be a regular occurrence these days.

Switch to my backup account - all is good in the world.

Last edited:

Zincai

Unable to play PoE or Elder Scrolls Online, exact same issues with latency and unstable ping for the last two days. Phoned their "Support" and got told to do the usual bs restart router, switch it on and off... Meanwhile did all that and swapped to a different router and did a few traceroute tests and everything points to problems on their side.

Definitely changing ISP this time.