Old metro police vehicles BMW auction/sale?

XPD

These cars are Bought through a special arrangement without service plans and warranties. They then put the maintenance services out to tender and the cars you generally see at dealers for servicing is if the tender winner does not have capacity or skill to fix or maintain the car.

jezzad

Expert Member
Two brand new Golf 7.5 GTI’s at a local VW dealership when I was last there. The one had been sitting out of service for 3 months because they couldn’t get a battery for it.

The other had a damaged front arm strut after driving over a centre median and was just sitting there.

dj_jyno

Expert Member
Two brand new Golf 7.5 GTI’s at a local VW dealership when I was last there. The one had been sitting out of service for 3 months because they couldn’t get a battery for it.
I find that hard to believe. Go to Midas, get a Varta. Job done.

dyllindd

Most of these cars are not fitted with any optional extras so why would one want a BMW without extras?
Well a huge amount of people go out of their way to buy entry level German cars, with no extras on a GFV Contract. All about the image to some.

dyllindd

I spoke to a service technician at BMW when I saw a score of blue light government BMW's in for service (my car was also in the workshop).

From what I was told, service intervals are often ignored, and cars have a VERY VERY hard life. Not their cars, so they dont care about them
Heard the same from an acquaintance that work for Nissan. Besides from already being a piece of scrap, those Hardbodys are are basically only good for scrap metal after a few years' abuse.

Mistro

Jeez 3 months to get a battery on a common generic car. On any car. Struts also common parts. Maybe the owner was saving up to pay the bill.

Imagine how bad it is in the police workshops.
You must be nuts, username says it all. Besides, this post is from 2019, we dealing with a pandemic now. Go pester your peers, such a numbnut! Also who the hell is my provincial police spokesman? You don't know me.

Tman*

Expert Member
Heard the same from an acquaintance that work for Nissan. Besides from already being a piece of scrap, those Hardbodys are are basically only good for scrap metal after a few years' abuse.
Another factor. How do you think SAPS drives these cars? ie, wait for the engine to warm up before hooning the car, or drive WOT from the get go?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Another factor. How do you think SAPS drives these cars? ie, wait for the engine to warm up before hooning the car, or drive WOT from the get go?
The bakkie drivers are usually chilled, lumbering along while looking at you funny as if they are trying to match you to some wanted criminal identikit.

I think buying ex SAPS bakkies would be a better bet.

Mistro

yeah, you are "dealing with the pandemic". Rather go fix some flying squad cars loser. Eish I still can't fix da car because virus. But they are soooo well maintained and you should totally buy them.
Dude f**k off, also I live in Sweden. And yes, the cars do get maintained.

Mistro

Suuuure you do. But what has that got to do with anything? Why are you telling me this? I really don't care.

Sweden. You mean Sweden. If it was available in Sweden.:ROFL:

Irrational little piggy. How are they being maintained when half of them don't work? Tshwane is the worst.

The police spokespig say they aren't being maintained. Why would they say that if they are? Where are the cars? Pretty embarrassing. More than half can't drive! What a joke.

Police cast off cars must be totally ruined because they are so desperate to have anything that rolls. It is strictly for poor and desperate buyers. Or unscrupulous resellers.
You idiot, the K5 is not sold in Sweden. Google is your friend if you need help.

Mistro

Suuuure you do. But what has that got to do with anything? Why are you telling me this? I really don't care.
So you can actually worry about the things that really affect you, e.g. potholes, loadshedding, medupi blowing up, etc. I don't have those kinda problems.

Mistro

You should tell these officials how well the cars are serviced! It would save them a lot of embarrassing revelations when they talk to the media or parliament. Even the police minister recently admitted the workshops were 'problematic'.
Police commissioner too!

I can see why you would want to go to Sweden with such useless police workshops. :X3:

Ex police cars are scrap. Leave them to desperate people and dodgy dealerships.
As I said f**k off!

Mistro

Lol busted! Get back to the workshop and service those cars my 'Swedish' piggy. I am sure the 'community' will donate some brake pads and working lifts for you.

Clown.
Busted? I'm chilling on my balcony overlooking a charge station for electric cars I don't even think you the have the skills to be employed outside SA, highly doubt.
Yeah, because you are in Sweden right. Keep defending the piggies my 'Swedish' friend because it totally doesn't affect you. ;);)
But it doesn't!