One dead, shootout WestvilleMall (Durban) - 28/11/2019

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Photos and videos came through on whatsapp to various watch groups, article link below.

One person has been shot dead outside a mall in Westville, in Durban, after a shoot-out with police.

Rescue Care paramedics spokesperson Garrith Jamieson said paramedics were en route to the scene of the shooting on Jan Hofmeyer Road. He said two more people were being treated at the scene.

Cray

Honorary Master
Apparently they had robbed the Post office -I guess there is a lot of cash on hand due to all the vehicle license renewals..

Milano

Honorary Master
Brave well trained officer. I will try post a higher res video later. Although he should be equipped with an assault rifle.

Go full screen for true full screen:

Last edited:

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Westvillemall is a bit dodgy itself, most of the stores closed , nothing much there thats interesting,a very poorly poorly stocked and ran Pic n Pay.

I think the only thing I go to inside the mall was the chinese food across the road is Lupa and Waxy o'connor pub which fairly good as well....

Milano

Honorary Master
Westvillemall is a bit dodgy itself, most of the stores closed , nothing much there thats interesting,a very poorly poorly stocked and ran Pic n Pay.

I think the only thing I go to inside the mall was the chinese food across the road is Lupa and Waxy o'connor pub which fairly good as well....
Westville and Pinetown generally have extremely high crime stats.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It looks like the police officer was shot by one of the thugs. He drops to the ground before the thug is taken out.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
I cannot believe all the cars just driving past ?
I guess they had NO clue what was going down ...

ubercal

Expert Member

still one of the best parts in Westville.