One fibre ISP is now crushing the competition

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
One fibre ISP is now crushing the competition

MyBroadband’s Q3 2018 speed test and ISP rating results show that Cybersmart is the top-rated fibre and ADSL service provider in South Africa.

The ISP rankings are based on thousands of consumer ratings on MyBroadband's speed test platform.

Apogee

Pity Cybersmart mostly serve high-density buildings, which severely limits their footprint.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
I popped on to Cybersmart's site to see what they're about (all I remember is they're the guys that don't know how to express speeds with their cheaty blended solution) ... big UI fail - when you try and click on "Lightspeed", it scrolls either up or down, you have to quickly click on it as it moves past the cursor. Did nobody test the site before pushing it live?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Hold on...

How can Cybersmart be the best when their latency is 36ms and their download speed is slower than Cool Ideas?

I would be thinking a better comparison would be best Fibre ISP (excluding their own specific network)

Thor

Honorary Master
Misleading heading.

Cybersmart has zero footprints. None.

They are not crushing any of their competitors, heck are they even in the same league, they are a re-seller at most.

Swa

Honorary Master
People here are missing the point. Just because they have their own network doesn't mean they don't resell on others like Telkom and SADV. Interestingly it looks like they don't do Vumatel.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I'm surprised by the average down and upload speeds country wide. I would've thought it would be much slower.

Tinuva

The Magician
How is Cool Ideas from anyones experience?
Absolutely happy with their service and support. PBCool is very active in the CISP thread and even sort out issues over weekends where it is in his power.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
How is Cool Ideas from anyones experience?
Cool Ideas are the champs at the moment and have been for a while. No shaping, no throttling, no FUP, no network congestion at peak times, good customer service, a co-founder provides daily MyBB support and the pricing is good. They're just flippen awesome.

They come highly recommended here, however i'm on the fence at this moment.

You can read here what people are saying.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/cool-ideas-fibre-isp-feedback.793061/
Well, get off the fence then. No one touches Cool Ideas for quality. The issues being reporting in their support thread are almost always problems on the side of a particular fibre network and nothing to do with the data account. Nothing any ISP could do differently with that.