OneDrive Quiz - Capture details

Dolby

Honorary Master
We've recently changed to OneDrive at the office and I need to run a quiz to external people.

I've created the quiz form and did a dry run by sending to a few people - but obviously the replies come through as Anonymous and there's no way to track the results of an individual. I've tried to Google how and they talk about distribution settings, but I'm still unsure where and how to go about this.

Does anyone use this on a frequent basis that can assist capturing details at all ?

Sumen

Expert Member
We've recently changed to OneDrive at the office and I need to run a quiz to external people.

I've created the quiz form and did a dry run by sending to a few people - but obviously the replies come through as Anonymous and there's no way to track the results of an individual. I've tried to Google how and they talk about distribution settings, but I'm still unsure where and how to go about this.

Does anyone use this on a frequent basis that can assist capturing details at all ?
if you using Microsoft Forms then it will only capture the person's details if you change the share settings to only include people with a Microsoft account. This is not ideal since you are sharing the quiz with external people, I would suggest you add fields into quiz that asks the person for their details and you mark the fields as "required".

Dolby

Honorary Master
if you using Microsoft Forms then it will only capture the person's details if you change the share settings to only include people with a Microsoft account. This is not ideal since you are sharing the quiz with external people, I would suggest you add fields into quiz that asks the person for their details and you mark the fields as "required".
I came across this as well - was just hoping there was something easier.

Thanks !

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
If you use Google forms it links to a spreadsheet and can capture the Google account name.

Not saying don't use MS forms - I like them. But most people are logged into their Google accounts all the time.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
If you use Google forms it links to a spreadsheet and can capture the Google account name.

Not saying don't use MS forms - I like them. But most people are logged into their Google accounts all the time.

The problem is really much the same on Google as on Microsoft that you’ll only get the info from people who have the relevant accounts.

In a corporate setting it will lean towards which one is being used which will more than likely be Microsoft.

Simplest option is to add an additional required field asking for a name or email address.

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
The problem is really much the same on Google as on Microsoft that you’ll only get the info from people who have the relevant accounts.

In a corporate setting it will lean towards which one is being used which will more than likely be Microsoft.

Simplest option is to add an additional required field asking for a name or email address.

Yea - corporate just decided to go from Google to Microsoft