OnePlus 7

Soprono

Expert Member
OnePlus 7 shipping last night from Gearbest and has departed HK. Will keep you guys posted. Super excited for it and super happy with the costs so far (obviously excld customs fees to come)

- OnePlus 7 8GB 256GB Black
- 2 Glass Screen Protectors
- Red Material Like Case
- 1x USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter
- 2x USB-C to USB Charging Cables
- Shipping Insurance

Total: $549.65

b4b61b977ca6d35043a3ea9a6b55d0bd.jpg

Customs invoice arrived, R454

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm hopefully collecting a nebula blue 8gb/256gb pro this weekend... China import...

Soprono

Expert Member
So all in for under R9k? Excellent value!!

Super chuffed dude! Nearly placed an order for the Pro this morning with the R/$ dropping under 14.

But we going to trial this beast first make sure everyone in the family is happy then I’ll go ahead with another one.

3 people from my company have also ordered so we bundled some accessories with each persons order as Iv never had a USB C device. So it’s the process of changing all USB stuff to that and getting right of the iPhone lightning cables.

Soprono

Expert Member
Parcel tracking well so far. Let’s hope it can possibly make it out today.

ETA was this coming Tuesday...

d48bfd0e661c772fd32ba39871ffbf63.jpg

sand_man

Honorary Master
I was looking at getting a oneplus 7 pro, I can get it from Zeek for about R14k:
https://www.zeekonline.co.za/collec.../oneplus-7-pro-128gb-6gb-dual-sim-mirror-gray

That seems way more expensive then you guys are getting it for even after customs, if I order it from gearbest or something similar will it work out much cheaper then the one on Zeek?

Also will I need to flash it or anything like that?
https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009842992419.html?wid=1349303

sand_man

Honorary Master
Sorry man... Worth the wait though. Since the day I traded my iPhone 6s in for a OP3T I've always felt that OP's fluidity and speed was on a par with iOS, if not quicker.

The 3t/5/5t/6/6t were all speed merchants that ran quicker than anything else on the market at the time. Fluidity of the overall UI experience, I always felt was just shaded by iOS.... until now... the Pro is every bit as smooth as any top end iPhone/iPad. What a delight?!!!

Leisure Larry

Had an OP1, OP3T, and OP6.... enjoyed em all until I needed call recording without rooting. Had to go Huawei. So eager to get the 7 but ........eish

genetic

Honorary Master
Had an OP1, OP3T, and OP6.... enjoyed em all until I needed call recording without rooting. Had to go Huawei. So eager to get the 7 but ........eish

If call recording is so important to you, just root your phone. takes 2 seconds, and OnePlus actively allows bootloader unlocking.

Find it strange you'd switch manufacturers just because of that.

Leisure Larry

If call recording is so important to you, just root your phone. takes 2 seconds, and OnePlus actively allows bootloader unlocking.

Find it strange you'd switch manufacturers just because of that.

Rooting causes issues with banking apps.
No OTA's when rooted.