OnePlus 8 T

FiestaST

Honorary Master
OnePlus 8T Cyberpunk 2077 Edition announced

OnePlus has just announced the Cyberpunk 2077 Edition of its latest smartphone, the OnePlus 8T. The new model is available in China only for now, costing just CNY 300 more than the standard edition and pre-orders open on November 2 asking CNY 3,999. Actual sales start on November 11 and the new skin is limited edition.

But what's new? For starters, the design is a lot different from the standard version with an enlarged camera module now covering a good chunk of the handset's back. The extra space was used to accommodate the Cyberpunk 2077 logo. Another glass cover accommodates another Cyberpunk 2077 logo at the bottom while the middle of the back seems like OnePlus' sandstone cover, but we can't confirm at this point.

8T 1.JPG 8T 2.JPG 8T 3.JPG 8T 4.JPG 8T 5.JPG 8T 6.JPG

Lakhi10

The Fe is really nice and all but in sa it doesn't have a sd865 which is why I ordered an 8t 12/256 hopefully it should be here in two weeks
And with a load of accessories like the karbon case and tempered glass screen protectors
If you'll need a screen protector I should have one or 5 extra

On a side note anyone with experience with DHL does it always stay at shipping information received for 4 days

FiestaST

Honorary Master
OnePlus 8T Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Smartphone Unboxing - Unbox Therapy

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
I was seriously considering the OnePlus 8T. Was looking for something different than the iPhone I've had for years or the Samsung every Tom, Dick and Harry has.

While looking into it I really wanted an OLED screen and wireless charging (something I've gotten used to having). I decided to buy a OnePlus 8 Pro from Amazon for just under R16k. Could not be happier with the phone. Has everything I want and need and then some.

Even has Tap-to-Pay via FNB, which I didn't expect. Thought only Samsung has this available in SA and on FNB.

adamr

Executive Member
The Fe is really nice and all but in sa it doesn't have a sd865 which is why I ordered an 8t 12/256 hopefully it should be here in two weeks
And with a load of accessories like the karbon case and tempered glass screen protectors
If you'll need a screen protector I should have one or 5 extra

On a side note anyone with experience with DHL does it always stay at shipping information received for 4 days
Have my cyberpunk version and could not be happier. Oneplus def have impressed. Coming from apple in the past ... Although my phone prior was the note 10 plus... The Samsung for me feels way overpriced in the company of the 8t. This is an overall better phone than the Note 10+ . love it

Did you get your phone ? I need to hit you up on that offer for the screen protectors

Lakhi10

Have my cyberpunk version and could not be happier. Oneplus def have impressed. Coming from apple in the past ... Although my phone prior was the note 10 plus... The Samsung for me feels way overpriced in the company of the 8t. This is an overall better phone than the Note 10+ . love it

Did you get your phone ? I need to hit you up on that offer for the screen protectors
Will hit you with a pm
Have karbon case too

Mordecai

I was seriously considering the OnePlus 8T. Was looking for something different than the iPhone I've had for years or the Samsung every Tom, Dick and Harry has.

While looking into it I really wanted an OLED screen and wireless charging (something I've gotten used to having). I decided to buy a OnePlus 8 Pro from Amazon for just under R16k. Could not be happier with the phone. Has everything I want and need and then some.

Even has Tap-to-Pay via FNB, which I didn't expect. Thought only Samsung has this available in SA and on FNB.

Can you tell me if wifi calling is working on Vodacom?

genetic

Honorary Master

FNB tap and pay works on any NFC enabled device that can run the app. Even Garmin watches support FNB tap and pay.

genetic

Honorary Master
Can you tell me if wifi calling is working on Vodacom?

No, WiFi calling has to be enabled on the firmware by Vodacom, and as it's not an official Vodacom supported device, it won't work.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master

Was your Cyberpunk version ordered direct from China?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Yes it was from Hong Kong. The wait the frustration , the worry ... But got it in perfect nick. Absolutely love it. Can't put it down
It's quite a bit more expensive than the normal version, right? Functionally it's identical though?

edit: Wow I've only watched the Unbox Therapy vid now, damn this phone is a thing of beauty!

Last edited:

adamr

Executive Member
It's quite a bit more expensive than the normal version, right? Functionally it's identical though?

edit: Wow I've only watched the Unbox Therapy vid now, damn this phone is a thing of beauty!
Yes hardware wise identical ... But ... The actual phone is more than a paint job. Its a total redesign ... The rear has that actual look and feel of real stone and then you have this hit of jade stone

The software tweaks are very well thought of which includes two camera filters for both videos and stills that is cyberpunk 2077-esque. And the rear protective case it comes with also glows in the dark (the yellow edging) ... This is the best collaboration product I've seen or had. Love it totally

It did retail for the same price as the normal 8t but ... With it being rare and limited the resell did shoot up to being almost double the price of the normal 8t

Being Chinese it does not come with google play store. But one can side load the app. There is a catch though. Google voice assistant works. Just that you can't use "OK Google" ... Also android auto installs fine but does not work ... But banking apps, maps, even tap to pay with FNB works

I've had iphones always with the exception of last year having had the note 10 plus ... This oneplus model has me converted. Makes those other phones feel grossly overpriced which they are

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Yes hardware wise identical ... But ... The actual phone is more than a paint job. Its a total redesign ... The rear has that actual look and feel of real stone and then you have this hit of jade stone

The software tweaks are very well thought of which includes two camera filters for both videos and stills that is cyberpunk 2077-esque. And the rear protective case it comes with also glows in the dark (the yellow edging) ... This is the best collaboration product I've seen or had. Love it totally

It did retail for the same price as the normal 8t but ... With it being rare and limited the resell did shoot up to being almost double the price of the normal 8t

Being Chinese it does not come with google play store. But one can side load the app. There is a catch though. Google voice assistant works. Just that you can't use "OK Google" ... Also android auto installs fine but does not work ... But banking apps, maps, even tap to pay with FNB works

I've had iphones always with the exception of last year having had the note 10 plus ... This oneplus model has me converted. Makes those other phones feel grossly overpriced which they are
That's very strange, I got my OnePlus 8 Pro in December. Ordered from Amazon and I have full access to Google Assistant (with Ok Google) and the Play Store. Also my Android Auto works great. It is just because it's the Chinese version of a Chinese phone? lol Mine is the US version of the Chinese phone.

adamr

Executive Member
That's very strange, I got my OnePlus 8 Pro in December. Ordered from Amazon and I have full access to Google Assistant (with Ok Google) and the Play Store. Also my Android Auto works great. It is just because it's the Chinese version of a Chinese phone? lol Mine is the US version of the Chinese phone.
Yea it runs Hydrogen OS and not Oxygen.

People did try installing the Oxygen ROM and there are issues with boot loops and the inability to ota updates ... By hydrogen works fine for me. I never use OK google and happy to long press home to activate it (or as I have presently long press the power button to activate it). Android auto my car supports only Apple car play ... So not much of a loss.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Yea it runs Hydrogen OS and not Oxygen.

People did try installing the Oxygen ROM and there are issues with boot loops and the inability to ota updates ... By hydrogen works fine for me. I never use OK google and happy to long press home to activate it (or as I have presently long press the power button to activate it). Android auto my car supports only Apple car play ... So not much of a loss.
Ooh I see! I had no idea about Hydrogen OS. I saw the icon pack on my phone, but thought it was just an icon pack lol

jman

Expert Member
Moved to the UK a couple months ago and picked up an 8T for £415. Amazon has 'like new' offers where people open the box and change their mind so send it back.

Loving it so far! Have installed the GCam app for the slight shortcomings in the camera department, but need to play around a little more.

The phone is so quick and smooth - love the 120hz refresh rate and the overall speed of the phone. Really good value for money. And the 65W warp charging is insane!