Online applications for social grants launched by SASSA

"D"

Expert Member
MyBroadband was unable to access SASSA’s new portal at the time of publication, as the website was down.
If only everything was as fast-tracked as downtime.

konfab

Honorary Master
If you ever want to see a fully documented failure of the South African government: look at any of SASSA's social media pages.

"D"

Expert Member
If you ever want to see a fully documented failure of the South African government: look at any of SASSA's social media pages.
Hopefully that will influence the next elections . . .

Sl8er

Executive Member
SASSA launches online applications for social grants

What could possibly go wrong?

(I wonder what the headlines will be when mass corruption is exposed in the not-too-distant future :unsure: )

DailyTech

meanwhile ... later on ...
503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request.

system32

Expert Member
SASSA launches online applications for social grants

What could possibly go wrong?

(I wonder what the headlines will be when mass corruption is exposed in the not-too-distant future :unsure: )
1600083563782.png

j4ck455

Executive Member
Wait for it: this will be yet another unsecured disaster exposed to hackers and that results in personal information being stolen and used for identity theft etc, and with access to certified copies of identity documents there will be a lot of accounts being fraudulent opened.

DailyTech

wait ...
wait ...
ohhh nooo ...
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload

:ROFL: :ROFL:

DailyTech

Attempting to reconnect to the server...

Could not reconnect to the server. Reload the page to restore functionality.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
yeah this is going to fail -- i dont see how many of these people will figure out how to upload certified documents.

or should i have more faith in out population...

Swa

Honorary Master
Fine and well but will be a ballsup with how unorganised these numbnuts are. Still can't find the tiers for the old age grant on their site.

Also
“It is important to note that required supporting documents to be attached must be certified. These documents should be certified by a commissioner of oaths,” SASSA stated.
SASSA does know certification only applies to copies of the original document? Once you make another copy like scanning or uploading there is no certification any more.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
1600106552894.png
Entire page did load eventually, a whole 203KB...

Oh and the page keeps randomly deciding it has crashed as it can't phone home, not sure why anyone would design a site to break if it can't phone home...
1600106637210.png

I hit register, I got a nice modal instead.
1600106737697.png
Great ID number verification as well, no clue how many characters I wrote, must either be lucky with the amount or there's no check. Also love that there is no minimum complexity on the password, 12345 was fine (there is a length check of 12345).
Would have shown how the sign in doesn't work, but not sure if it did or did not work as page gave a 500 after.
1600107044584.png

Note your login is https://services.sassa.gov.za/account/signin/{email-address}
Great system to put that in the URL bar as something cacheable. Should be a Post on the sign-in url, but whatever.
Wanted to test bypassing the OTP restriction, but guess the best block is always to take down the site.

Site is built using Blazor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: "D"