Online backlash against Mango airlines

Tux

Software Communist
They dont respond to emails either
/me trundles over to hellopeter...

bekdik

Honorary Master
n a possible attempt to limit the impact of an online backlash from consumers, Mango registered domain names like neverflymango.com, mangosucks.com, vrotmango.com, rottenmango.com, neverfly-mango.com, mango-sucks.com, vrot-mango.com and rotten-mango.com.

A company offering great service an honouring all of its promises ans commitments would not need to have done this.

On the other hand, if a company is well aware that its intent is to rip-off, make unkeepable promises, provide lousy service, then it needs deep defences.

On initially hearing of Mango's registering all of these sites when the launched, I made a note to have nothing to do with them as they are obviously untrustworthy. Their origins do not invoke a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

Omac

Expert Member
On initially hearing of Mango's registering all of these sites when the launched, I made a note to have nothing to do with them as they are obviously untrustworthy. Their origins do not invoke a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

Yup. Thats was my thought process too.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Anybody flown with them? Just wondering what they're actually like?

JStrike

Honorary Master
I flew with them. Everything was prompt and service was good.
Legroom isn't great, but on a 2 hour flight, price is more important to me than legroom
You had to pay for drinks/food, which I found a bit unusual, but it doesn't bother me that much

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
A company offering great service an honouring all of its promises ans commitments would not need to have done this.
Never heard of the expression you cant please everyone all of the time? A company can go out of their way to offer great service etc and some people will still complain.

If they hadnt registered them someone would have.

martin

Expert Member
I flew with them on the 1st of December from Joburg to Cape Town - horrible experience. We were delayed at least half an hour before boarding and we then waited on the plane for more than an hour after that because their flight plans were lost??

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Mango Dot Bomb

kulula.com has some good prices starting today...

My concern is, even with kulula.com going as low as they could possibly go, they still are slightly more expensive than Mango. Oh, I would definitely rather fly with kulula than Mango - but how is it Mango is able to operate with the prices they charge. Somehow I think SAA is not coming clean with us. :mad:

Mango has registered neverflymango.com - ha! I could think of worse domain names to register in protest!

BobJones

Expert Member
Do the mythical R170 tickets actually exist?

I've looked at seats, sometimes months in advance and they seem to be a figment of the advertisers imagination.

kilo39

Executive Member
SAA's low-cost airline Mango on Wednesday dismissed claims that it was losing R3 million a week.

"I am amazed at the continued pursuit of an argument that is based purely on fiction," said Mango CEO Nico Bezuidenhout in a statement.
-
He questioned how much SAA's attempt to "nationalise" the local aviation industry was ultimately going to cost South African taxpayers.

Airline denies R3m loss claim Nov 29 06

ejbengine

Do the mythical R170 tickets actually exist?

I've looked at seats, sometimes months in advance and they seem to be a figment of the advertisers imagination.
I you can prove that the R170 tickets does not exists , then you can report them to the advertising board for lying

nclamp

Mango Where Are U ?no Go

What A Disaster. Ever Tried Complaining?
- Mango Airport Says Email Mango
- Emails Return Unanswered
- Call Cetre Says Supervisor Will Call
- Supervisor Does Not Call
- Finally After Six Calls I Speak To Supervisor Who Refuses To Spell His Surname As It Is Against Company Policy? If He Spells His Name He Could Be Fired? Can He Spell His Name I Wonder!!!
- Supervisor Says Call Mango At The Airport

As Mango Refuse To Give Out Their Identity, Can Anyone Help Me Find Out Where Mango Head Office Is So I Can Personally Meet Management Face To Face:(