Online-only Campain 100GB all networks data and other woes

sajunky

Honorary Master
During December and January was a nice deal:

Smart Internet 500MB contract R99p/m with extras:
- Huawei E5573 MiFi router
- 5GB Telkom data p/m
- 10GB Telkom night data
- 100GB All network data once-off valid for 365 days (only when ordered online)

I ordered this on the beginning of January, but the package was sent to the wrong address and subsequently returned to Telkom. I can't blame anybody in person for this, but the fault was on their system. They took our proper delivery address from the Website, but found a matching customer on the landline subscription and assigned this address for delivery. It was wrong, as Telkom landline hasn't been transfered to the new address at the moment.

Telkom eventually corrected mistake and I received a package in February. Unfortunately 100GB was missing. I lodged complain and enquired many times, never received any feedback. Finally in May I got to the attendant who pushed the matter forward and on the beginning of this month I received 100GB.

Winning? Not with Telkom! Now this 100GB all networks data valid for 365 days is being depleted on the Telkom connection, and all other bundles are untouched!

In this situation I can't afford waiting another 6 months to rectify a problem, while all networks bundle is wasted. Any suggestions?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yes unfortunately I have noticed this issue too. Any all net bundle that gets loaded will deplete first even if you have a telkom only bundle and on the Telkom network.

I noticed it with my uncapped lte deal when I needed roaming data and then when I was back on the telkom network the all net data has been depleted then it switched back to the "unlimited" telkom data.

I tried getging it sorted but it's super super hard to deal with first line support that only wants you to change the apn and restart the router the whole time.

It's really frustrating.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I was hoping that new month and new data allocation will change the order, but there is no change at all. No other data bundle is consumed, only this 10GGB/365days for all networks.

Will be lodging another complaint, hoping that Telkom will restore services and I can access help centre.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Just learned that case has been solved...

The attendant wrote description that All Networks Data bundle was consumed to fast, so technician checked it out and closed the case. It is not what I tried to explain during 45 minutes of conversation with such a dumb person.

The case is being re-opened with (hopefully) better description.

Jake45

Expert Member
Is it possible to transfer any of the data (All Networks or Telkom data) to another SIM card? Maybe you could then separate the two amounts.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Is it possible to transfer any of the data (All Networks or Telkom data) to another SIM card? Maybe you could then separate the two amounts.
OH, thanks, but I had the same idea. I asked a call centre, they sent me to the shop. The manager in Forest Hill said that there is no way they could transfer selected bundle to a different SIM. Also if they give me a secondary SIM, then it will be the same situation. In other words I have to wait...

BTW, there is no queing in this shop and a manager is very fluent. Comparing to the Midrand Boulders it is completely different service. Not far away, recommended.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Update. Calling 180 again asking what is a progress. The attendant is extremely arrogant. She talks quick, eating entire words, she claims that I received a feedback and a billing is correct.
It seems she refer to the previous 'resolution' to the case which had a wrong desctription. Trying to explain that a case had been re-opened, changing description but she interrupts saying that my complain is baseless, it shouldn't be even lodged. WHOOW!

Will try a call centre again.

Last edited: