• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Online shops in South Africa on credit card skimming list

rpm

Admin
Staff member
tiftfy MyBB clickbait.
The headline is 100% correct, and exactly describes the content in the article. It is therefore the opposite of clickbait.

However, I can completely understand that you have an enormous desire to use the new word “clickbait” which you have heard about. I would, however, encourage you to learn what it means first.

This is a good place to start: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clickbait Look at the examples, and see if this one fits ;)

Last edited:

rpm

Admin
Staff member
"You've found a word that is only available in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary. To view the full definition of clickbait, activate your free trial today."
Strange - was open to me.

Here it is: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This is the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.

biometrics

Freelance App Developer
Strange - was open to me.

Here it is: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This is the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.
How about using "massive" regularly in headlines? ;)

crackersa

Honorary Master
The headline is 100% correct, and exactly describes the content in the article. It is therefore the opposite of clickbait.

However, I can completely understand that you have an enormous desire to use the new word “clickbait” which you have heard about. I would, however, encourage you to learn what it means first.

This is a good place to start: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clickbait Look at the examples, and see if this one fits ;)
Someone let the BURN unit know they got another one!

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Those are the obvious ones. Any headline overstating and sensationalizing the content is clickbait. You're thinking of what's referred to as buzzfeed-style clickbait headlines, that's the worst kind, but by no means the only kind.

dictionary.com:
a sensationalized headline or piece of text on the Internet designed to entice people to follow a link to an article on another Web page.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Lol so I received a infraction for that "unsubstantiated accusation". Still believe it is clickbait. I was "forced" to click a link because the headline wasn't forthcoming. As other members who made threads also feeling MyBB has gone downhill. If they don't want to listen then goodbye.
Aren't you just a constant ray of sunshine and happiness.

As for the article - I assume these websites are handling CC transactions in their own way?

I will not use my CC at a small unknown website that doesn't use payfast or the like to handle its payments.

crackersa

Honorary Master
Lol so I received a infraction for that "unsubstantiated accusation". Still believe it is clickbait. I was "forced" to click a link because the headline wasn't forthcoming. As other members who made threads also feeling MyBB has gone downhill. If they don't want to listen then goodbye.
How were you forced?