Opel Astra 1.8 automatic - Sale

This is an opel, it's gearbox was probably made of chocolate anyway, it lasted surprisingly long.

And Mrs Roux actually drives sensible, it's her husband that thinks he's still a young boy racer. :ROFL:
They were running low on chocolate when they made these, so they opted for those Toyota gearboxes.
Same thing happened with my car, but then it was Fiat/Alfa to the rescue.... We'll see how that ends ;)

If I had spare 60k laying about I would`ve bought this in a heart beat. Will be a big step up from my old battered Golf mk1(Groenie)

Saw the post and it could only be the one and only Opel/Peugeot man..! It looks like a solid deal - sent to my son ;-)

Saw the post and it could only be the one and only Opel/Peugeot man..! It looks like a solid deal - sent to my son ;-)
Feel free to whatsapp me (hope you still have my number).
Might be taking the car to WeBuyCars but would preferably do a private sale.

Windscreen cracked Roadworthy Relevant
Right front shock absorber defective Roadworthy Relevant
Both rear tyres worn Roadworthy Relevant
Left rear shock absorber leaking Roadworthy

Shoudl thrown some new shocks on it :p
Yeah, the Dekra actually was far too kind, I know the passenger side rear window regulator makes a funky noise too. Windscreen crack is in the bottom left so only affects reading the license disk which is why I kept it like that for years.

As for the tyres, my wife knowns I only give her cheap rubber :ROFL:

Out of interest how much did they give you?
R47k - which I took purely for the convenience thereof.
They offered R45k and I showed the guy the invoice for the gearbox repair at R36k, so he said they aim to sell it for R57k, he'll make it R47k so I at least walk away with R11k.

Why did you opt to repair if you already had a replacement car? Sentimental value?

Why did you opt to repair if you already had a replacement car? Sentimental value?
There was no one interested in buying it as a non-runner. At least this way I got some money back, even though I had to spend more than triple what I got out.

This is @Rouxenator, who was filmed speaking to colleagues at the office water cooler.

Is it any wonder why he sold the old car in such an unbelievable hurry?

This is @Rouxenator, who was filmed speaking to colleagues at the office water cooler.

Is it any wonder why he sold the old car in such an unbelievable hurry?
The post I’m viewing. 2024.

Back