Opel corsa gsi 160I has "run on"

shakeel123

Hi Guys,

i have a opel corsa B 160i gsi, alls good but when, i drive it a while and switched off it doesnt switch off immediately?

- Carbon cleaned
- Injectors checked
- plugs seems fine
- new coil pack
- boogey leads

any suggestions?

THANKS

TheChamp

Honorary Master
How does the dash look when this is happening? did you open covers under the ignition barrel to check the wiring?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I seem to recall this issue related to the throttle body on these cars, but can’t remember the exact explanation.

Not something to really panic about I reckon.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Also try pulling out the Fuel injection fuse while it's doing that and see what happens.

qscwbt

Expert Member
Only way it can run on is if it is getting fuel. You ether have a wire issue or the injector is leaking

shakeel123

i think its a wire issue because if its a leaking injector it would be constant? its really happens 4 times a week..

qscwbt

Expert Member
i think its a wire issue because if its a leaking injector it would be constant? its really happens 4 times a week..

Injector slowly leaks. either not closing properly or dirty. Carbon build up on piston warm enough to ignite fuel. It would happen random. if the carbon has no hotspot it wont be able to ignite the fuel.

If you logical you need 3 thing for ignition

Fuel
air
spark

Air the car can draw in along as the engine turns.
spark either by spark plug or hot carbon on head and pistons can also be a ignition source.
Fuel, car must get fuel if the car runs on. so either wire issue I doubt this or you would have a issue when driving) that leads me to believe the injector cant close properly and is loosing fuel as the fuel system is under pressure.

Piezoelectric (crystal) injector operates using a crystal stack, usually Quartz, that changes size when energized. ... By the same token, when electricity is applied to the crystal is changes shape. This minute change in crystal size is used to trigger a small fuel chamber on and off. dirt here can cause a leak.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
possibly the wrong plugs that are running hotter causing ignition ( almost like a diesel effect)

Pitbull

Verboten
Air/Fuel/Spark

This makes an engine turn over. Your problem lies there somewhere. Sounds like you already checked the Spark with all the changes you made. I think there is a problem with the Fuel/Air.

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Does your car idle erratic after driving or miss firing when idling? Could be a timing issue.

Kylet

Hi,
Hi Guys,

i have a opel corsa B 160i gsi, alls good but when, i drive it a while and switched off it doesnt switch off immediately?

- Carbon cleaned
- Injectors checked
- plugs seems fine
- new coil pack
- boogey leads

any suggestions?

THANKS
Hi, have you fixed this run on problem?my Opel Corsa lite had this since I bought it from the previous owner, today I saw spark plug number 4 looks different than the rest and piston number 4 has a chunk of people off the piston crown, I have done research, and it seems to me, the chunk of metal gone is causing a hot spot. The hotspot causes a detonation when switching the car off. When you switch off a car the engine does not stop turning right away, it would still move a few inches or centimeters, that little movement is enough to cause the left over bit of fuel in your combustion chamber to ignite with the hotstop. So what I do is switch my car off in revers gear with clutch pressed, which cause the engine to stop with no movement when switching off, when doing that I have no run on.

If you have fixed your run on what have you done?