Opel Euro Estate won't start, no fuel going through

TheGuy

Expert Member
No, I haven't replaced them yet.
It's just strange that it would let me drive home, and then only fail to start again after I had stopped.
+1 on the fuel filters had the same issue before and that solved the problem.

ADRAM3L3CH

Do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the ignition on(before the car starts the pump primes). On opels the fuel pump relay is ussally near the ecu in the drvers side foot well. I had a similar issue a while back on a corsa, turned out to be one of the water temp sensors gone bad....

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the ignition on(before the car starts the pump primes). On opels the fuel pump relay is ussally near the ecu in the drvers side foot well. I had a similar issue a while back on a corsa, turned out to be one of the water temp sensors gone bad....
No, I don't hear anything... but I don't ever recall hearing anything before when it was working properly.

Beachless

Executive Member
Have a look in the car manual it will show you which one is the fuel relay.

If you tap it lightly with the back of a screwdriver while trying to start it it might start then you know thats a problem(it might still not start and still be the problem though).

Not starting can be the fuel relay, coilpack or crank sensor.

By the way what is that pipe thats not connected by the water bottle?

ponder

Honorary Master
Gary check your email in about 10mins or so, there's a manual on it's way.

ponder

Honorary Master
For the fuses there should be a diagram behind the cover or in your manual explaining exactly what is what.

Just had a look in the manual and the fuel pump relay should be labled K31 or K58 I think.

ponder

Honorary Master
Fuel Pump Relay although I cannot see it in those pics you posted (check behind the front left/right kick panels as well),

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
OK, just an update. A friend came around last night and we went through all the relays.

We used the book you sent us, Ponder, but again, all the pics are slightly different.
This is a really weird model. I dunno how to pinpoint it.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like any of the relays are at fault.
So now to try and replace the fuel filter. :(

kevykev

fuel pump

Howzit man.. did u come right with this... i have the exact same problem and have replaced my relay (under the dash, behind the panel by the hood opener leaver) it was not that, mine is still doing it, 2-4 times a month.... did replacing the fuel filter help? I can get one cheap but dont want to replace it if it isnt neccesary... (R500 bosch at autopart on malibongwe) please send me your cell # if you dont mind, id like to talk... frign annoying me... lol! my number is 079 25 777 04 (kev) Shot allot man!

KingMikel

I did check under the back seats, there are no body openings there.
also I have no idea where the fuel pump relay is.
Try the kick panel in the driver's side footwell.
That's where the Xhosa Lite's is.

Last edited:

Ocali

Expert Member
Try the kick panel in the driver's side footwell.
That's where the Xhosa Lite's is.
yeah thats exactly where it is, its usually black in color, and if faulty sometimes might be swollen. My astra had the same issue, after closer inspection of the relay we notices some of the components on the board in the relay were not making proper contact, re soldiered them and that was that.

if u still dont get any joy, join an opel forum, www.opelownersforum.co.za u will get more luck there.

Hi all. I have an 97 opel kadet 180is ecotech 16v. This vehicle was standing for some tym but kept in almost brand new condition. However, after adding a new battery and fuel and fresh oil to it, we found that it needed new fuel pump. Tested fuel pressure to be 2.6bar. After a few weeks, vehicle began to take longer to start especially in the mornings. Diagnostic test showed crank sensor...., renewed along with coolant sensor. Problem still persists. My question is.....does the fuel pump prime upon putting the key on without starting?

Pitbull

Verboten
Hey guys, I have one of these Opel Euro Estate 2.0i cars.
It's a 1995 model.

looks kinda like this....

I was driving in Krugersdorp last Thursday, and it died on me three times while driving.
It died almost like it had run out of fuel.
But I was able to restart it and made it home again all the way to Alberton without any hassles.
But then when I went to start it again, the starter turns, but it won't catch.
It just turns and turns, but there is no fuel going through.

I checked the fuse for the fuel pump and that is fine.
I checked the sparking and there is spark.

Does anybody know where the fuel pump is located on this car and how to get to it?
I suspect it must be at the back near the petrol tank, but I can't find it.

Also, is there a relay for the fuel pump? and where would that be.
I checked the two relays that are in the engine compartment, but it's not those two.
Pick up the back seat. Remove the heat shield thingy and you should see a round plate with screws in it. That will be the access point to the fuel pump located in the fuel tank.

Edit: Geesus - Necro of note :eek:

thechamp

Honorary Master
Hi all. I have an 97 opel kadet 180is ecotech 16v. This vehicle was standing for some tym but kept in almost brand new condition. However, after adding a new battery and fuel and fresh oil to it, we found that it needed new fuel pump. Tested fuel pressure to be 2.6bar. After a few weeks, vehicle began to take longer to start especially in the mornings. Diagnostic test showed crank sensor...., renewed along with coolant sensor. Problem still persists. My question is.....does the fuel pump prime upon putting the key on without starting?
Yes, if by prime you mean the buzzing sound, I can hear it on my corsa B, it does the buzzing and the relay clicks then it stops.