Open Cities Lab launches ward councillor candidate lookup tool

Xzib1t

Expert Member
What if I know my ward, and if want to put it in the search directly?

mrlgm007

Expert Member

Internal Server Error​

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

tried 4 different address it not hard you start typing it in and select from the google maps autofill and and search

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
A terrible website! Been trying to use it for a few days already.

But there are some really disturbing things about this election.

1. I was under the impression that a candidate must reside within the ward to be eligible?
Yet numerous candidates (especially the smaller parties) come up as standing in dozens of wards!
2. Not all the candidates' loyalties are clear. -- Their party names are a confusing mess.
3. The only access is via your address --- a violation of privacy if I ever saw one.
4. No way that you can simply enter your ward number and get an answer.
5. The display of the candidates and their details is useless. There must be an easier way to tabulate the results.
6. The website looks like a weak exercise done by a bunch of appy website developers.

Illegal Allien

A terrible website! Been trying to use it for a few days already.

But there are some really disturbing things about this election.

1. I was under the impression that a candidate must reside within the ward to be eligible?
Yet numerous candidates (especially the smaller parties) come up as standing in dozens of wards!
2. Not all the candidates' loyalties are clear. -- Their party names are a confusing mess.
3. The only access is via your address --- a violation of privacy if I ever saw one.
4. No way that you can simply enter your ward number and get an answer.
5. The display of the candidates and their details is useless. There must be an easier way to tabulate the results.
6. The website looks like a weak exercise done by a bunch of appy website developers.
There is one guy who is with Al Ujamaa party who is contesting in like 85 wards in Joburg :ROFL::ROFL: