Openserve and Telkom Speed Upgrade... Has anyone been upgraded?

Muttley

Expert Member
Hi guys,

Has anyone's Fibre line been upgraded yet as per their recent announcement?

Currently with Openserve and Telkom and no upgrade yet...

SAevolved09

I'm currently with openserve/afrihost and have yet to see any increase, however they did advise that they need openserve to do a mass port reset of sorts so waiting on that I guess. I think I read someone on another thread got upgraded but thats the only one I've seen, just a waiting game now I guess

MavChat

Expert Member
I'm currently with openserve/afrihost and have yet to see any increase, however they did advise that they need openserve to do a mass port reset of sorts so waiting on that I guess. I think I read someone on another thread got upgraded but thats the only one I've seen, just a waiting game now I guess
Connect to your router and set the PPPoE username to guest@openserve and password guest. Go to saix.net and do the speedtest

SAevolved09

Connect to your router and set the PPPoE username to guest@openserve and password guest. Go to saix.net and do the speedtest
I would like to however, I have no idea what my current password is for my afrihost pppoe username and dont feel like sitting on a whatsapp chat for 20 mins to get it again lol. its something I should know but I guess ill just be patient lol

MavChat

Expert Member
I would like to however, I have no idea what my current password is for my afrihost pppoe username and dont feel like sitting on a whatsapp chat for 20 mins to get it again lol. its something I should know but I guess ill just be patient lol
Click on connectivity
Click on the data package
Click on Access Details
Click on Reset

Note down the password and Bob's your Auntie

Peon

Expert Member
My 1 client has the upgrade from 100Mbps to 200Mbps.

Hartbeespoort.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

badtrev

Mine was done last week Thursday - 20/20 FIbre upgraded to 50/25 on Telkom/Openserve.

• Love

katsclaw1

According to my actual Mweb account I have been upgraded from 50mbps to 100mbps. However, when I do speed tests I still sit at 50mbps. Tried phoning Mweb and was something like 28 in the queue, by the time I got to 6 in the queue I ran out of airtime!!! Hopefully it will kick in by tomorrow without me having to phone again (my New Years resolution is to be Positive).

• Sad

gimpex

Cell c said it’s 1st April , lime speed doubles but price goes up by R60

Will probably downgrade to my current speed and save almost 200 a month

ZAP_Tech

Went from 20/20 to 50/25 think was active since last night... I only remembered now so checked now lol

• Love

Muttley

Expert Member
Interesting to see that some users are seeing the upgrades (mainly other ISP's tho).

Wondering if calling Telkom tomorrow and asking them to do a port reset may work??

TedLasso

Expert Member
Any news if Vox doing anything. Need to move to Afrihost in any case.

NoJ

Upgrade came through last night after rebooting my modem, from 100/50 to 200/100 (Telkom/Openserve)

• Love