Openserve and Telkom Speed Upgrade... Has anyone been upgraded?

virtualgeek

I have restarted my PPPoE connection and the speedtest reflects the new speed now although Axxess still shows the old speed on their control panel

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Yes. Yesterday morning already.
OpenServe / Telkom
Went from 100 / 50 to 200 / 100 :thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

KinsZA

Expert Member
Got upgraded from 50mbit to 100mbit (Afrihost) about 1 min ago

Edit: Ok partially upgraded, starts at 100mbit then dials down to 50mbit by end of test so openserv done their part but not Afrihost.

SadIvyParrot

I'm currently with openserve/afrihost and have yet to see any increase, however they did advise that they need openserve to do a mass port reset of sorts so waiting on that I guess. I think I read someone on another thread got upgraded but thats the only one I've seen, just a waiting game now I guess
I am openserve/afrihost in Durban, got the upgraded speed 8meg-->25meg yesterday around 12pm.. Did a test, it came back at 25 down...wow!! Hopefully you get the joy soon!

• Love

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Network performance actually went South in our area today. Vastly increased pings, poor speed tests, and lots of dropped sessions. Then went out to fill the cars, and there were jointing crews working all over the place!. Seems OS was not ready everywhere for the upgrade!

Speedster

Honorary Master
I am openserve/afrihost in Durban, got the upgraded speed 8meg-->25meg yesterday around 12pm.. Did a test, it came back at 25 down...wow!! Hopefully you get the joy soon!
Wait, what? I thought you were settling for the 3mbps. What changed?

SAevolved09

Upgrade was done for me about an hour or 2 ago, currently loving the experience of watching games download so fast considering 2.5 months ago i was on 2 meg adsl that was usually more like 1 meg:ROFL:

• Haha

Krypt0n1te

Were you on the "old" lagacy package?
8mbps @ R399?

SadIvyParrot

Were you on the "old" lagacy package?
8mbps @ R399?
Yes. I was, and was prepared to stay on it, Afrihost moved everyone to 25meg, I had 2 options, accept the increase fee or leave... I stayed.. Is that a problem for you?

Krypt0n1te

Yes. I was, and was prepared to stay on it, Afrihost moved everyone to 25meg, I had 2 options, accept the increase fee or leave... I stayed.. Is that a problem for you?
Absolutely no problem.
On the same package but line not upgraded yet.
Will wait a bit, hopefully it comes through soon.
Which area are you in if you don't mind me asking?
Somerset West this side.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I have restarted my PPPoE connection and the speedtest reflects the new speed now although Axxess still shows the old speed on their control panel
How did you manage to restart the PPPoE connection please?

Anagram

Axxess still nothing
rebooted router = no change
rebooted router and switched off ONT for 5 min = no change
Pretoria

with my luck will get it in 3 weeks time