Openserve confirms free fibre and ADSL speed upgrades for ISPs

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

Openserve confirms free fibre and ADSL speed upgrades for ISPs

Telkom’s wholesale division Openserve has confirmed that it will upgrade speeds and cut prices on its fibre and copper network.

The announcement comes after MyBroadband previously reported on an email Openserve had sent to ISPs, in which it said it would be implementing connection speed upgrades across its fibre and copper products.

“From 1 March 2021, Openserve will introduce further speed upgrades and price changes on our Openserve Fibre Connect and Openserve Copper Connect product offerings,” the company has stated.

wernervn

So far only Afrihost has said they'll pass the full savings on to the consumer and absorb any increased IPC.

What about follow-up with the other ISP's?

Totempole

Expert Member
I take it this won't apply to users with ADSL lines through Telkom?

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Let's see if the other ISPs come to the party and match Afrihost - from a price/perf perspective right now Afrihost is king.

Keegan89

I have an Openserve line through Axxess, sure they will come through.
Here's hoping...

Speedster

Honorary Master
So far only Afrihost has said they'll pass the full savings on to the consumer and absorb any increased IPC.

What about follow-up with the other ISP's?
Have Afrihost announced their new prices or just committed in principle to passing on the saving?

Speedster

Honorary Master
I'm looking to replace my original Telkom uncapped LTE package, but after all these years still cant find anything better

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Have Afrihost announced their new prices or just committed in principle to passing on the saving?

Prices will remain the same but starting from 1st of March 2021 the below will be the increased speed and pricing for Afrihost Uncapped, Unshaped, Unthrottled Pure Fibre on Openserve.

25/25 - R597
50/25 - R797
100/50 - R917
200/100 - R1117

Lupus

Honorary Master
Prices will remain the same but starting from 1st of March 2021 the below will be the pricing for Afrihost Uncapped, Unshaped, Unthrottled Pure Fibre on Openserve.

25/25 - R597
50/25 - R797
100/50 - R917
200/100 - R1117
Wish I could get Openserv with those prices.

pedruid

Expert Member
Does this speed increase for ADSL mean that they are re considering cutting off copper?

pirates

Prices will remain the same but starting from 1st of March 2021 the below will be the increased speed and pricing for Afrihost Uncapped, Unshaped, Unthrottled Pure Fibre on Openserve.
25/25 - R597
50/25 - R797
100/50 - R917
200/100 - R1117

@AfriNatic Will this apply to existing and new customers? I got the impression from the article below that this may apply to existing customers. Thanks.

wingnut771

Honorary Master

@AfriNatic Will this apply to existing and new customers? I got the impression from the article below that this may apply to existing customers. Thanks.

Yes, everyone on openserve/afrihost.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Everyone new and existing.

Openserve will use a phased approach with existing clients gradually increasing the line speeds. We will make the changes on our side to be ready on the 1st so when Openserve does the upgrades the speeds will be increased automatically.

New clients should be able to get the new speeds on the 1st if a new order is submitted to provide service at the new speed on the 1st.