Openserve Fibre ISP Migration - any downtime of late?

mister

Executive Member
Hey all,

How is Openserve fibre migration from one ISP to another ISP working these days?

Is there any downtime?

Thanks

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hey all,

How is Openserve fibre migration from one ISP to another ISP working these days?

Is there any downtime?

Thanks
Nope there shouldn't be unless the old ISP did not release it the date they say it will and the new ISP does not pull from holding poll in time then it might get suspended in the pool but Openserve give a couple of days before suspension.

mister

Executive Member
Typically not from 3rd party ISP to ISP. Telkom ISP to other ISPs requires an ONT replacement.
I have two Openserve lines with ISPAfrika which I need to move before July 1st because they are closing their residential division to focus on SMME.

I'm looking for an ISP who will manage the process with care to avoid any downtime. Happy to move to you if you are up for the challenge?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have two Openserve lines with ISPAfrika which I need to move before July 1st because they are closing their residential division to focus on SMME.

I'm looking for an ISP who will manage the process with care to avoid any downtime. Happy to move to you if you are up for the challenge?
Line only or with data?

PBCool

Cool Ideas

Sure happy to :)

mister

Executive Member
Sure happy to :)
How does it work if I've paid ISPAfrika for June and need to move before the end of June?

On what date should they put it into the holding pool? And on what date do you need to pull it?

Thx

PBCool

Cool Ideas
How does it work if I've paid ISPAfrika for June and need to move before the end of June?

On what date should they put it into the holding pool? And on what date do you need to pull it?

Thx
All depends on their terms usually calendar month so end of June as you say, they will confirm which date your line will go into the holding pool. Apply with us and let connect@cisp.co.za know this date and B number.

ISPAfrika (Pty) Ltd

Thx
Hi. Can I confirm that you accepted the invitation to migrate to RSAWeb during June? If you did, then your account would have been migrated to them midnight on 1 July 2020. Both RSAWeb and ISPAfrika require payment in advance for your connectivity therefore, your payment to ISPAfrika in June would have been for the month of June and you would then need to pay RSAWeb for July. Should you not be migrating to RSAWeb, but are wanting to leave ISPAfrika, you are still required to give us a calendar months notice as we are required to give the Fibre Provider a calendar month's notice for your account. Please contact our Helpdesk if you have any other questions. Their details are 087 740 2425 or help@ispafrika.co.za. I hope this provides you with some clarity. Thank you.

mister

Executive Member
Hi. Can I confirm that you accepted the invitation to migrate to RSAWeb during June?
I did not. RSAWeb's pre-service support was some of the worst I've experienced, so I decided to move to Cool Ideas.

Should you not be migrating to RSAWeb, but are wanting to leave ISPAfrika, you are still required to give us a calendar months notice.
You already allowed me to leave without giving you any notice.