Openserve launches “Naked ADSL”

cavedog

Honorary Master
Very interesting. Finally very late but better late than never.

Also Openserve is on actively discontinuing their adsl or fixed lines criminals stealing the copper is doing that for them they are actually still upgrading MSANs looking at the notice board. They have been doing that quite a lot actually.

pouroverguy

Expert Member
This is a huge ... sorry ... MASSIVE ... FU from Telkom after telling us for years that they can't provide ADLS without POTS line rental.

We should sue the fokkers :-(

Had an phone line that I've been paying for for around 3 years, that hasn't been used since 2017 - that's at least 7k gone to waste. Just so that there could be ADSL. It's absolutely criminal what they've managed to get away with.

Swa

Honorary Master
This is a huge ... sorry ... MASSIVE ... FU from Telkom after telling us for years that they can't provide ADLS without POTS line rental.

We should sue the fokkers :-(
Was there ever a question that they can from a technical perspective?

upup

Executive Member
So, I am a telkom customer. No contract with them, paying about R600 p/m. No fiber for the next few years, LTE coverage, do I go to Afrihost for R417, [4mb line], please advise, also I suppose I cannot go tomorrow.

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
Wow, Thanks for the heads up MyBB!! I will definitely take this offer if it is at all possible to downgrade my current VDSL to exclude the line rental. I will give the chat service on the site a try first before using the Telkom call centre. I don't look forward to their ID10t's but will see how far I can get. Now I just have to prepare myself for that 30+ minutes on hold to speak to a call centre agent.

Reactions: Yuu

Thor

Honorary Master
So what are they doing, drop the line item - landline and just add it to the cost of the other line item, DSL connectivity?

OCP

Expert Member
Had an phone line that I've been paying for for around 3 years, that hasn't been used since 2017 - that's at least 7k gone to waste. Just so that there could be ADSL. It's absolutely criminal what they've managed to get away with.
Exactly ... bastids

KOPITE

Executive Member
I thought this was April's fool joke

They sure are naked literally

kilos

Expert Member
Can I order "naked ADSL" ?
Sorry we do not install ADSL anymore

Openserve you have lost the plot totally, late too market again & again & again

entrepr

Expert Member
Good for an ironic chuckle and not much more

Maybe the product manager who started on this plan 15 years ago finally got signoff for the plan

Or maybe one of their $1m strategy consultants slipped this into the powerpoint

B@rrels

Expert Member
Excellent timing for me as I have just applied to port my landline number to Voip.No LTE or fibre available so a saving of R200+.Landline required for wife's business.

Scorpion101

Lol Telkom gives a new meaning to “flogging a dead horse”.I hope they also close their doors with all the other businesses with outdated business models.