Openserve / Mweb fibre on pole next door but wont install

midkemia

I ran into a weird problem, I was upgrading my friends home and we were looking at some fibre options, settled on a 50meg 400gig cap through mweb, used their site to apply which said the location had fibre available.

I just got feedback today from Mweb that they canceled the installation because fibre is not available yet.

I even noticed a "fibre to the pole" install that Openserve/Telkom do, on the next door neighbors telephone pole.

I dont understand firstly why their site (mweb) says its available, secondly there is fibre installed to a telkom pole about 100 meters away, possibly closer as I didnt do a full site survey, just saw the pole as we were driving out. Its like the ISP's have no enthusiasm to sell any fibre?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
My problem was that I have the OpenServe pole in my yard, but because I live on a corner my actual driveway is on a side street.
The coverage map shows coverage on the main street of the suburb, but not on the side street.
I had to book the install using the address on the main street (even though there is no driveway there).
When the OpenServe guys got there, they just drove around the corner to my main driveway and did the install there.

ponder

Honorary Master
I ran into a weird problem, I was upgrading my friends home and we were looking at some fibre options, settled on a 50meg 400gig cap through mweb, used their site to apply which said the location had fibre available.

I just had a look at their site and the is no such package available on openserve? How much is it? Link?

Why go with mweb considering the schite people have with them?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Please explain why.

Their network sucks, their cancellation policy sucks and their customer service sucks. Simple as that. Use Cool Ideas rather, who have an awesome network that actually delivers what it promises.

Jou_ma_se_Fiber

I'm still battling with MWEB now, if I cancel I need to pay R2600.00. Between 6pm and 9pm on my 100mbps I only get 2mbps internationally. All they said is my local speeds are fine. But I don't play games locally and there is no content hosted locally except for DSTV, Showmax and NetFlix SA.

If you can change your ISP just do it.