Openserve Prepaid Connect - Web Connect, but with 7-day prepaid bundles

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Openserve launches 20Mbps prepaid fibre with 7-day bundles

Telkom's wholesale fibre network division Openserve is launching a new prepaid fibre offer on its cheaper Web Connect product, letting customers pay for a connection upfront as and when they need it.

Openserve said the service would offer customers a way to connect to the Internet with an uncapped home fibre package with "no contracts, no credit checks and no hidden charges".

Dan C

Honorary Master
Wonder how many products Telkom / Openserve have

system32

Executive Member
Isn't all fibre already prepaid... per month with "no contracts, no credit checks and no hidden charges"
All you need is a credit card or bank account.

This only "benefit" - if you can call it that - is for 7 days

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
The 90 days inactive window is what makes this attractive to me for my holiday home. I'm not always going to need fibre each time I'm there.

Just waiting for the pricing now.

Can see it as a possible backup for my home as well as we have both Octotel (my current) and Openserve.

Billals

How much is the 7day bundle? I for one would certainly be interested as an alternative backup connectivity option however it wouldn't be cost effective if the bundle is anything above R100 for the week..Clients may then be better served in considering the same service : OpenServe Webconnect pack on the month to month basis which is available at most ISPs @ R369 without any credit vetting or similar hassles putting this well inside the domain of everyone anywhere there is coverage .
Be really interesting to see how this shapes up but for its success to be guaranteed as a viable low cost segment offering, price sensitivity is key..