OpenView HD launches, and MyBroadband takes it for a spin

labratza

Expert Member
interesting. think alot of people might go for it just because it has the SABC channels as there is some people that struggle to even pick those channels up

Jan

Drifting in the black
Is that picture of Jan's house?
Nope, that was taken at the launch event. Same decoder that was installed at my place, though.

*Edit: Or did I miss a funny that was referring to the headline image? That's Shutterstock and GIMP, if memory serves :p

Last edited:

Kido

Since this is a FreeviewHD Sat. Can one use it on the Samsung smart tv directly i.e without the setup box. Since the smart tv has the inputs for FreeviewHD Sat???

lucifir

Expert Member
I may be interested in getting it for the movies and kids channel, but the price is just to high to justify it, unless they offered really good/new programing, which I really doubt.

Also, would be nice for those that already have a Toptv dish, to know how to accomplish this "chaining" of the decoders.

Last edited:

Mr K

I am also interested in the emovies+, etoons. But where can find the schedule for these channels?
I may be interested in getting it for for the movies and kids channel, but the price is just to high to justify it, unless they offered really good/new programing, which I really doubt.

zoopy3

e.tv, eKasi+, eMovies+, eToons+ in HD are worth the install price especially since it's for life... I just hope the channel line up is decent.

Mr K

Any idea on where to find the schedule for these channels?
e.tv, eKasi+, eMovies+, eToons+ in HD are worth the install price especially since it's for life... I just hope the channel line up is decent.

XperiAnce

Do I need a TV License to get one?

... because like all good South Africans, I totally own one ... :whistling:

JustAsk

Expert Member
How long before we see Etv plus?
I was quite suprised they didn't launch a "wrestling tv" channel.With the amount of wwe on e it would've been easy.

etv is stupid.I would launched

1 wrestling tv
2 some sort of soccer channel with their live matches and old reruns
3 etv series retro channel with reruns of sopranos,kings of queens,ect

There's plenty of fta channels in the usa that is just a loop of old content,some premium channels even have days without any new content ,you have 4 hour channels looped 6 times a day,8 hour channels looped 3 times a day.It would make a quite thin offering looked slightly better especially at launch.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I was quite suprised they didn't launch a "wrestling tv" channel.With the amount of wwe on e it would've been easy.

etv is stupid.I would launched

1 wrestling tv
2 some sort of soccer channel with their live matches and old reruns
3 etv series retro channel with reruns of sopranos,kings of queens,ect

There's plenty of fta channels in the usa that is just a loop of old content,some premium channels even have days without any new content ,you have 4 hour channels looped 6 times a day,8 hour channels looped 3 times a day.It would make a quite thin offering looked slightly better especially at launch.
Well, then do it.... Stop moaning and do it.

BGE

Expert Member
I just cannot see this product having much impact. Fine, there's no monthly subscription, but at R1600 it's out to the reach of those that may actually benefit! And content, being free means the content won't be of much value!