Openweb launches R5.90 per GB ADSL promotion

grok

Honorary Master
Why pay R209 for 30gb when you can get uncapped for < R199?

froot

Honorary Master
Why pay R209 for 30gb when you can get uncapped for < R199?

Because you can use that 30GB on a 10Mb line if you want. The R199 uncapped too, but only at 1Mbps.

Btw, MrBeep, you (or whoever made wrote the email), should check up on the spelling of [-]cancell[/-] cancel ;)

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
If there was data rollover I'd have taken this.

Yuu

Executive Member
Staff Writer fails to mention that Ti offers more data on both packages despite the 50GB working out slightly more expensive in comparison to OW.

BUT if one was to buy as an example 4x 10GB +20GB (R149.00) local data from Ti then the price for 120GB (40GB INT / 80GB local) would be @ R4.97/GB) (R596/120GB)

#justsaying

hmmm, no loss once OW depletes its 1TB data :p

/i want to say to MrBeep thanks for offering us this promotion.

Last edited:

surfs-up

Expert Member
It seems pointless advertising ADSL products at dirt cheap prices when you get reamed by Telkom line charges.
What is the good of paying rockbottom prices per GB when Telkom connection and line charges are exhorbitant.

I use less than 10 GB per month, so I go with 8ta. Anyone that uses less than 10GB per month are daft if they go the ADSL route.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Better approach than uncapped imo. I'd rather have a *large* fixed cap with no AUP & shaping BS, than an uncapped a/c with lots of hidden catches and a policy that keeps changing behind the scenes.

ThatOtherGuy

But even with a shaped uncapped account you're going to be able to do a lot more than 30gb.

I agree. I would rather go uncapped with all its limitations than capped. Downloading for me is a marathon, not a sprint :)

Avenue

Expert Member
I use less than 10 GB per month, so I go with 8ta. Anyone that uses less than 10GB per month are daft if they go the ADSL route.

I would go 8ta, I just dont like all the line speed issues people seem to pick up after a couple of months and then you tied into a contract.

ViperGTI

I'm happy with Openweb. I have an Uncapped Lite account with them (Uncapped & Unshaped) and I can't complain.
Just took an additional 50Gb capped account as well. The capped account works nice because it allows the larger line speed as well as 4 concurrent connections whereas Uncapped allows only one connection.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
In the mean time the pirates in the mobile world are charging South Africans R5 for 5MB. Can you freaking believe it?

Pixual

Expert Member
I am having a lot of problems with Afrihost, specifically dealing with their support people. It seems all they're interested in is coffee and blowing their own trumpet. Now with this MTN nonsense, I am on the lookout for the next best thing because that will surely be the end of them.

Tns

Executive Member
I'm happy with Openweb. I have an Uncapped Lite account with them (Uncapped & Unshaped) and I can't complain.
Just took an additional 50Gb capped account as well. The capped account works nice because it allows the larger line speed as well as 4 concurrent connections whereas Uncapped allows only one connection.
and they on IS backbone so you get throttled halfway during the month