[OPINION] How seriously should we take the idea that the ANC might axe Ramaphosa shortly after the elections?

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
The counterpoint is that he is allowing the judicial process to unfold without political interference, which is the more astute move and if it plays off he solidifies his position immensely without any political machinations.
Agreed. A lot of people are saying this is his plan. Use the judicial mechanisms to get rid of the rot. Problem is, he is running out of time. A lot of pressure is now on the rot to act and stop this plan from actually realizing. You can see this already happening.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
he has also kept every single one of them out of jail with the different commissions of inquiry

I'm not convinced his hands are tied despite him truly wanting to effect positive change. He's pretty much just another Zuma, by choice.
He is... he is just making it look like he is doing "something" to ensure Moodys shut their yap and those idiots (Rio Tinto, et, al) go through with investing in the shithole.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
He is... he is just making it look like he is doing "something" to ensure Moodys shut their yap and those idiots (Rio Tinto, et, al) go through with investing in the shithole.
Also true.

Cyril has always been a Zuma lackey. He voted against each and every attempt by the opposition to remove Zuma. To this day, Zuma is still a free man and not facing a single criminal charge for any of the crimes he committed while being in office. There are many to choose from and some of these investigations could have been completed in days. There is clearly no political will or any other will, for that matter, from Cyril to take actions against Zuma.

That being said, I almost think South Africa faced big international pressure to get rid of Zuma. I think there were many things that happened behind the scenes last year we do not know of. I would not be surprised if there were pressure from other governments in terms of sanctions and also downgrades by all rating agencies. Zuma's sudden departure and his continuous grip on government today, is a clear indication that he stood down from his post unwillingly, but he is still running the show to ensure the ax will not be dropped on him.

I think when Zuma stood down last year, one condition was that he had certain people in certain positions he could trust like Cyril Ramaphosa, Malusi Gigaba, Bathabile Dlamini, Nomvula Mokonyane, Zweli Mkhize and others too.

Solarion

Honorary Master
It does not matter. South Africa is in imminent danger from terrorist incursion and attack. Al-Shabaab are here and they are attempting a foothold situation in this country.

You are all looking at the wrong threats and you NEED to stand together. Please do not underestimate this threat.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Those are urban areas, their support is weaker there, the rest of sa is theirs for the taking.
Agree, however is much better if the opotition controll the urban areas than the ANC.

Also in the Cape they first controlled the urban areas and then later the rural areas.

R13...

Honorary Master
Let's be realistic. If Ramaphosa is removed by the ANC, this will be the last free and fair election this country sees for a long long time.
Unfortunately that's the likeliest outcome. If they see CR as that big a threat they're unlikely to allow the opposition to take over and prosecute them.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
That's a debate for another day. I suspect they did, once upon a time. Unfortunately I was too young at the time to know shyte from the trees.
Not really a debate... The first elections in Zim were rigged... And have been ever since.

Sollie

Expert Member
It does not matter. South Africa is in imminent danger from terrorist incursion and attack. Al-Shabaab are here and they are attempting a foothold situation in this country.

You are all looking at the wrong threats and you NEED to stand together. Please do not underestimate this threat.
We have many threats locally. Politically linked threats is just one class. Yet everybody is fixated on the ANC circus. Not that's it's not important, but in the process the noise covers the other serious issues.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Consider this. You need to not be naval gazing SA, this threat is real. Ramaphosa you need to take this seriously.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Our neighbors are fighting for their survival while we sit here rabbling about race issues.

Get your head out of your asses and do something.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Also true.

Cyril has always been a Zuma lackey. He voted against each and every attempt by the opposition to remove Zuma. To this day, Zuma is still a free man and not facing a single criminal charge for any of the crimes he committed while being in office. There are many to choose from and some of these investigations could have been completed in days. There is clearly no political will or any other will, for that matter, from Cyril to take actions against Zuma.

That being said, I almost think South Africa faced big international pressure to get rid of Zuma. I think there were many things that happened behind the scenes last year we do not know of. I would not be surprised if there were pressure from other governments in terms of sanctions and also downgrades by all rating agencies. Zuma's sudden departure and his continuous grip on government today, is a clear indication that he stood down from his post unwillingly, but he is still running the show to ensure the ax will not be dropped on him.

I think when Zuma stood down last year, one condition was that he had certain people in certain positions he could trust like Cyril Ramaphosa, Malusi Gigaba, Bathabile Dlamini, Nomvula Mokonyane, Zweli Mkhize and others too.
Zuma trusts Cyril?

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
So what's all this nonsense about Cyril being removed? Who can remove hom if uBaba is happy with him?
Never said he was happy with him. He trusted him in the position, with a bit more security behind CR.... just making sure. Trust and happiness is not the same thing.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Never said he was happy with him. He trusted him in the position, with a bit more security behind CR.... just making sure. Trust and happiness is not the same thing.
What a somersault, you really going to hurt yourself one of this days, let's rephrase then, who is going to remove him if uBaba trusted him enough to install him in that position?

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Our neighbors are fighting for their survival while we sit here rabbling about race issues.

Get your head out of your asses and do something.
I am doing something... red tape in greener pastures is a thing bro, and its expensive