Opinion of New Website

newby_investor

Expert Member
On mobile with JavaScript disabled. Main page loads, looks okay, but no navigation works. Can't get anywhere else.
(Realise I'm probably in the minority with disabling JavaScript but thought I'd probably leave feedback anyway.)

Psychodata

Sort out SSL for all pages not just logged in session if that is what you are going for right now.

Ideally a reliable CDN such as cloudflare free account would be enough to take care of everything.

Clouflare CDN also have some nice freebee optimizations that you could benefit from once you either start to get more traffic and help as front facing firewall for those pesky fkers who attempt to trash new websites that popup.

Since you are hosting on Afrihost its an even bigger must to throw cloudflare in the mix. I wouldn't trust afrihost not to have some sort of exploits that eventually get figured out and you would be made aware via cloudflare of any such attempts.

ps. Not sure if you are simply running it from your home fibre or afrihost hosting. I assumed its afrihost hosting.
Have managed to sort out the SSL on all the pages...they should all divert to the https pages
Will look at Cloudfare, thanks for the recommendation
Currently got it hosted via afrihost

Last edited:

Psychodata

You should consider getting a plugin so you can make it look not like plain Opencart. Something like this: https://themeforest.net/item/marketshop-multipurpose-opencart-theme/6913803
An out of stock plugin is also recommended because there is nothing worse than adding an item and only finding out at checkout that is not available.
The featured items on the main page I notice doesn't give the stock status...once you go to the actual item it does give the stock status which I am currently managing and updating based upon supplier stock levels. But I do appreciate your feedback.