Several dozen submissions on Johannesburg International Airport's name change to OR Tambo International Airport have been received, the Ministry of Arts and Culture said on Monday.
Ministry spokesperson Sandile Memela, said the submission have been a "mixed-bag," some for and some against the name change.
"It is to soon to determine trends, only once the deadline for submissions has passed would we able to say so how many were for and against the change," Memela said.
Arts and Culture Minister Pallo Jordan published the proposed name change in the Government Gazette on June 30, giving until the end of July for comment.
Memela said last week said it was "unlikely" that the decision to change the name would change. In an SABC interview Jordan said only "compelling reasons" would make him change his mind.
Source: IOL
Great, I wonder how much this is going to cost in total?