Orangutan attempts to hunt fish with spear

mercurial

MyBB Legend
A male orangutan, clinging precariously to overhanging branches, flails the water with a pole, trying desperately to spear a passing fish.

It is the first time one has been seen using a tool to hunt.

...more...

This is especially for those of you who doubt evolution. Tell me this is not where man originated from...

Surv0

Executive Member
"this is not where man originated from" :D
no but it shows similar thought processes in humans and apes... just the fact they try hunt with an object/weapon of sorts shows intelligence that is continually increasing..

I have a BBC docu about these ape geniuses in the jungles in central africa..
no human contact at all, but theyve started using sticks, spears to hunt fish and ants etc, wont be long before they use them more often to kill live food giving them proteins needed for evolution.. Its said that when humans figured out how to kill and cook meat, evolution seriously got kicked into gear.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
no but it shows similar thought processes in humans and apes... just the fact they try hunt with an object/weapon of sorts shows intelligence that is continually increasing..

I have a BBC docu about these ape geniuses in the jungles in central africa..
no human contact at all, but theyve started using sticks, spears to hunt fish and ants etc, wont be long before they use them more often to kill live food giving them proteins needed for evolution.. Its said that when humans figured out how to kill and cook meat, evolution seriously got kicked into gear.

I saw that docu too. Was it NOVA - Ape Genius?

Devill

Damned
They have been using "tools" for alot longer :p

Rocks to smash some hard shelled nuts......sticks to catch some bugs....ect ect

Still dont believe in evolution though :)

Surv0

Executive Member
They have been using "tools" for alot longer :p

Rocks to smash some hard shelled nuts......sticks to catch some bugs....ect ect

Still dont believe in evolution though :)
yes, a general progression of tools, can you see the link? how far might it go? now if only they could figure out how to make fire... probably could if trained..
things are evolving around you, how can you deny evolution?.. its happening right now..

Ivan...

Expert Member
You all wonder what happened to The_Librarian? He's hunting fish with spears:

Last edited:

White Widow

yes, a general progression of tools, can you see the link? how far might it go? now if only they could figure out how to make fire... probably could if trained..
things are evolving around you, how can you deny evolution?.. its happening right now..
They're adjusting not evolving

Xarog

Honorary Master
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Humanity's vaunted intelligence isn't as vaunted as humanity likes to believe.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma

Devill

Damned
BIG difference between adapting and evolving :)

And yes i do believe in "small" "evolution" (actually just adapting) i.e. the human race becoming taller / shorter over 1000 years, our dna make - up doesnt change i.e we do not grow extra eyes / arms / become a different species.

Where is the latest animal to have its dna - structure "evolve" into something else?

I also believe animal intelligence is underestimated by us humans :D

st0rm3rs

Looks like the monkeys have gotten hold of this thread.
It seems to have de-evolved a bit.

It was a bit more heated yesterday.