Orania's 'president' could lose his job over 'irregularities'

ForceFate

Honorary Master
https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...uld-lose-his-job-over-irregularities-20190424

The purchase of Mercedes-Benz, a 45% salary increase, and a long list of accusations of mismanagement and infighting are some of the issues plaguing Carel Boshoff, president of the Orania movement in the Northern Cape, as well as his organisation.

These could jeopardise his position, Beeld and Volksbad reported on Wednesday.

Orania is a whites-only town situated on the banks of the Orange River.

Boshoff is a grandson of Hendrik Verwoerd, a former apartheid premier.

WTF? R 22 000?

I thought they got fat salaries there. WTF does one do with R 22k a month?

Edit: Even worse, was R 12 100 before the increase. O vye...

Stephen

Expert Member
The purchase of Mercedes-Benz, a 45% salary increase, and a long list of accusations of mismanagement and infighting are some of the issues plaguing Carel Boshoff, president of the Orania movement in the Northern Cape, as well as his organisation.
Those Steve Hofmeyer cd's arent cheap hey

Not live in Sandton for one
If one crunches numbers, you realize R 22k is nothing.

However, I suspect he doesn't have a bond to pay, and obviously not a car repayment too. So there is that. Maybe also not paying school fees. Car, Bond and school fees alone run to about 18k easily. I don't know how single parents make it in this day and age.

STS

Mafia Detective

However, I suspect he doesn't have a bond to pay, and obviously not a car repayment too. So there is that. Maybe also not paying school fees. Car, Bond and school fees alone run to about 18k easily. I don't know how single parents make it in this day and age.
*STS sobs quietly as 22k is his salary*

*STS sobs quietly as 22k is his salary*
You a single parent?

I could survive on R 20k probably even less if I was single and had no kids. Bachlor flat, cheapish small car.

Now I need a 3/4 bedroom house, car for a truck load of kids, an extra car for the wife. School fees for four kids, after care and transport. It just never ends... bills bills bills :D Luckily we're 2 people earning a decent salary (Wife and I) but I would never be able to afford everything if it was just me and the kids. No way in HELL!

R13...

Honorary Master

No car payment as he's also accused of getting hisself a waBenz.