Orania's 'president' could lose his job over 'irregularities'

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I could never have imagined something like this to come out of Orania

The complaints include that Boshoff unlawfully purchased and used a Mercedes-Benz for R102 000, and that he increased his salary, called the "president's honorarium", by 45% to R22 000 per month.

This was done because he had been expected to perform additional office duties.

Boshoff's management of the organisation's growth fund is also being investigated.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
WTF? R 22 000?

I thought they got fat salaries there. WTF does one do with R 22k a month?

Edit: Even worse, was R 12 100 before the increase. O vye...
Echos the sentiment of someone that lived there that I spoke to.

"Jy moet baie geld he om hier te kan bly... Want hier.. Word jy arm."

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
So it's the fat cats that are draining the locals dry?
Nah. I just think the local economy there isn't worth anything. There isn't a lot of high paying jobs in the area and I don't think they've got proper internet either.

So you start out with a lot, but it just ticks away slowly as there isn't a way of earning anything decent. Wouldn't be surprised if his "salary" placed him in like the top 1% of earners in the region.

Pitbull

Verboten
Nah. I just think the local economy there isn't worth anything. There isn't a lot of high paying jobs in the area and I don't think they've got proper internet either.

So you start out with a lot, but it just ticks away slowly as there isn't a way of earning anything decent. Wouldn't be surprised if his "salary" placed him in like the top 1% of earners in the region.
O ok, makes more sense now. I can't think of it having a booming economy apart from farming I guess.

The_MAC

Executive Member

What you describe sounds like retirement

BBSA

Honorary Master
At least all the people moaning about Orania is feeling a little bit better now :X3:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Where nepotism and cronyism breed there will always be corruption. However, it may not be corruption per say as the newspaper is making it out.

The complaints include that Boshoff unlawfully purchased and used a Mercedes-Benz for R102 000, and that he increased his salary, called the "president's honorarium", by 45% to R22 000 per month.

This was done because he had been expected to perform additional office duties.

Boshoff's management of the organisation's growth fund is also being investigated.

Roets said the complaints were rooted in "a void in the leadership, that can be attributed to certain staff members' personal problems and conflict".

"After the complaints were received by the UR, an independent panel – which included forensic auditors – was established because the president had been implicated.
I assume the board is unable to reach a consensus due to internal issues, and due to that the president is taking decisions within his own discrepancy.

What I believe is that,

Some of the other issues being investigated include allegations against several former officials and staff members of the organisation, relating to overseas travels, conflicts of interest, a loan from the growth fund, and a general lack of governance.
everyone wants an equal slice. I'm not in their organisation, but I have served on two boards where some members claimed many privileges without ever doing their duties.

flippakitten

Expert Member
You a single parent?

I could survive on R 20k probably even less if I was single and had no kids. Bachlor flat, cheapish small car.

Now I need a 3/4 bedroom house, car for a truck load of kids, an extra car for the wife. School fees for four kids, after care and transport. It just never ends... bills bills bills :D Luckily we're 2 people earning a decent salary (Wife and I) but I would never be able to afford everything if it was just me and the kids. No way in HELL!
4 kids... Well, there's your problem.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Anybody who can explain to me what is so special about the whites in South Africa? Why does a community of 1000 people make news while much larger communities of non whites battles with all sorts of crime and corruption yet nobody gives a damn?
And is a Mercedes of 100.000Rand considered luxury? What vehicles are bought by the chiefs and mayors of other communities? R22.000 before tax for a monthly salary? What are the salaries in other municipalities?

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
O ok, makes more sense now. I can't think of it having a booming economy apart from farming I guess.
Not even sure the farming was much better.. Granted, I was there several years ago, but it struck me that it was all really run down. People were using glad wrap to cover broken windows, the open fields were so covered in thorns you couldn't even walk across it in sandals.

rambo919

Expert Member
Anybody who can explain to me what is so special about the whites in South Africa? Why does a community of 1000 people make news while much larger communities of non whites battles with all sorts of crime and corruption yet nobody gives a damn?
And is a Mercedes of 100.000Rand considered luxury? What vehicles are bought by the chiefs and mayors of other communities? R22.000 before tax for a monthly salary? What are the salaries in other municipalities?
White success is evil, I thought everyone knew. We must squash this evil wherever it lifts it's demon head....

konfab

Honorary Master
It is because of what Orania represents. Doesn't look good for the statists of the Diversity, Inclusion and Equity religion if a group of people manage to get along without having the government stick it's member in and spray it's ideology everywhere.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Just goes to show all politicians are the same.

WTF? R 22 000?

I thought they got fat salaries there. WTF does one do with R 22k a month?

Edit: Even worse, was R 12 100 before the increase. O vye...
Even R12100 is too much! Politicians must work for free. It is a public service after all. People can donate food and clothes to them if they do a good job. They can sleep in shelters with the homeless.

Pitbull

Verboten
Just goes to show all politicians are the same.

Even R12100 is too much! Politicians must work for free. It is a public service after all. People can donate food and clothes to them if they do a good job. They can sleep in shelters with the homeless.
I actually LOVE this idea!!!