Orania's 'president' could lose his job over 'irregularities'

thechamp

Honorary Master
Orania’s leader Carel Boshoff now accused of corruption

A long list of accusations of maladministration and infighting is being directed at the president of the Orania Movement (OM), Carel Boshoff.

Boshoff is mainly known as the son of the founder in 1990 of Orania, an Afrikaner settlement intended as the beginning of a volkstaat. Boshoff once admitted his disappointment that Orania had only about 1,000 residents rather than the 60,000 he had once anticipated.

Boshoff is accused of illegally purchasing a Mercedes-Benz for R102,000, and for hiking his salary by 45%, reports Beeld.
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...ader-carel-boshoff-now-accused-of-corruption/

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Has it ever occurred to you that some of the townfolk were already wealthy individuals thus, could afford to put money into large projects? I doubt it. Your focus is to advance your racist agenda at every opportunity. What a sad life you live.

Even people I regard right wing avoid your posts many times.
So, you assume the 100 or so families who have moved to Orania, are rich whites while I assumed them to be poor whites. Regardless whose assumption is right or wrong, how did you end up with the racist drivel? If you call me racist because of my assumption can I call you racist because of your assumption? You see how futile this exercise is? #IntelligenceFail #LiveWithIt

Daruk

Honorary Master
WTF? R 22 000?

I thought they got fat salaries there. WTF does one do with R 22k a month?

Edit: Even worse, was R 12 100 before the increase. O vye...
Maybe you can still buy a wimpy mixed grill there for 1 ronds 45
It's all relative. Especially in Oranje.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
So, you assume the 100 or so families who have moved to Orania, are rich whites while I assumed them to be poor whites. Regardless whose assumption is right or wrong, how did you end up with the racist drivel? If you call me racist because of my assumption can I call you racist because of your assumption? You see how futile this exercise is? #IntelligenceFail #LiveWithIt
Good attempt at deflection. Maybe you need to read the post again.

Has it ever occurred to you that some of the townfolk were already wealthy individuals thus, could afford to put money into large projects? I doubt it. Your focus is to advance your racist agenda at every opportunity. What a sad life you live.

Even people I regard right wing avoid your posts many times.
So, what #hashtag must I use?

100 families in Orania? Where do you get such a low figure?

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Good attempt at deflection. Maybe you need to read the post again.

So, what #hashtag must I use?

100 families in Orania? Where do you get such a low figure?
Well, that is the rich/not rich families. The rest are more or less middle class. Unless you assume all the families are rich.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Well, that is the rich/not rich families. The rest are more or less middle class. Unless you assume all the families are rich.
You obviously didn't bother reading my post. My post states "some families..." meaning families with money and drive to see the movement succeed have invested in community projects that employ members of community that are less fortunate. On paper, they're not a charity organisation.