Ordering pizza online in South Africa

ttygt

Expand your investigation.
Whom else will deleiver, McD's, KFC, Steers, Outdoorwarehouse?
Love to know more.

Hungry now.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I mostly use Mr Delivery to order pizzas online from surrounding shops. Their delivery times are reasonable too. ;)

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Mr Delivery sucks in our area. EVERY time I used them (3 or 4), the food was cold (from different restaurants). I now boycott them.

MickZA

Executive Member
Unfortunately, despite a Domino’s store being 8km away from our office, the online order form said we were not eligible for a delivery.
Same happened to us and Dominos is less than 2kms away!

I came to the conclusion it was because I paid by card as there were plenty of delivery guys & bikes there when I went to collect - I suspect if the order had been COD they would have been fighting each other to deliver ...

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Same happened to us and Dominos is less than 2kms away!

I came to the conclusion it was because I paid by card as there were plenty of delivery guys & bikes there when I went to collect - I suspect if the order had been COD they would have been fighting each other to deliver ...
So you phoned them?

MickZA

Executive Member
So you phoned them?
No, ordered and paid online.

... not going to swear to it but I'm pretty sure the "no delivery" notification only appeared after I paid.

... they do make nice pizzas though, better than Debonairs :)

Last edited:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
What is that website you can order from for some restaurants?

I've used once or twice. And they deliver if a designated restaurant doesn't deliver.

j4ck455

Executive Member
FTFY said:
The problem is compounded when you get an employee who would be more suited to talking to a pizza box instead of communicating with another human being.
FTFY.

Last edited:

panayi

We had a similar experience wit Dominos ... can't deliver if place order online, bur do deliver if we phone....go figure.
then last night, took 61 minutes to deliver on 30 min promise....just get a shrug of shoulders... " we are busy tonight"....not nice!

lucifir

Expert Member
Dominos website is terrible... can't even capture my address or sign up.
Even after phoning them, they still did not bother to fix the site or add my address as an option in their database.
Just gave up on their online ordering and rather just call the store direct

ABCpt

Expert Member
Debonaires app work great. Domino's also think they do not deliver to us, even though they are only 3km down the road. Ended up driving there, standing in a long que to collect.