Organ harvesting ring mooted as two SA teachers go missing in Vietnam

MEIOT

Expert Member
I've never heard of organ harvesting in Vietnam, and I'm there semi regularly. There are the odd false rumours about Chinese kidnapping or murdering people for organs, but those are never substantiated.

It's an extremely safe country* to live in, especially as a foreigner.
*Aside from traffic. Its interesting crossing the road there.

Organ harvesting sounds rather bogus to be honest. Blood types need to be matched, compatibility checked, availability timing etc etc. Its not a one size fits all, matches have to be carefully made, and the recipient is on drugs for the rest of their life. Unless they had close family members in dire need of transplants I'm calling horsepucky.
I tend to agree. Having lived there for a year not too long ago - It's certainly not something that I heard about.
Not hard to imagine though that there is a distinct possibility it's true.

theratman

Executive Member

R13...

Honorary Master
Looks like the organ trafficking is rife in Vietnam. But the situation is so bad in SA that I suppose people are willing to take the risk by going there.

Doubt they expected the risks they encountered. I imagine for you to be taken (if it is organ harvesting), they'd have to have been duped somehow. Hope they didn't know what they were letting themselves in for if it was voluntary for easy money. Looks like most of these "donors" are voluntary after being lied to about the risks by the runners. I'd expected a couple of teachers to be aware of the risks of associating with characters who traffic in human organs.

VooDooC

If someone harvested one of your kidneys while you were unconcious, would you notice I wonder?
I think the first give away is waking up in an ice bath with a big as cut in your abdomen...

That's if you wake up

Jings

Honorary Master
Blame the situation in SA? Nee man, that's a stretch, these people are just looking to make a quick buck without thinking of the consequences.
Unemployment rate is over 29%, and white people are at a disadvantage due to BEE. Obviously they're looking for jobs elsewhere.

Doubt they expected the risks they encountered. I imagine for you to be taken (if it is organ harvesting), they'd have to have been duped somehow. Hope they didn't know what they were letting themselves in for if it was voluntary for easy money. Looks like most of these "donors" are voluntary after being lied to about the risks by the runners. I'd expected a couple of teachers to be aware of the risks of associating with characters who traffic in human organs.
Maybe I've been watching too much of Happy's season two but donors may not always be voluntary. Perhaps why they've gone "missing".

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Unemployment rate is over 29%, and white people are at a disadvantage due to BEE. Obviously they're looking for jobs elsewhere.

Maybe I've been watching too much of Happy's season two but donors may not always be voluntary. Perhaps why they've gone "missing".
Why would they need to kidnap people, when they have a vast array of people who will willingly sell their organs due to being poverty stricken?

skimread

Executive Member
I've never heard of organ harvesting in Vietnam, and I'm there semi regularly. There are the odd false rumours about Chinese kidnapping or murdering people for organs, but those are never substantiated.

It's an extremely safe country* to live in, especially as a foreigner.
*Aside from traffic. Its interesting crossing the road there.

Organ harvesting sounds rather bogus to be honest. Blood types need to be matched, compatibility checked, availability timing etc etc. Its not a one size fits all, matches have to be carefully made, and the recipient is on drugs for the rest of their life. Unless they had close family members in dire need of transplants I'm calling horsepucky.
If you read the news article a lot sounds dodge

“In February this year the authorities bust a major organ harvesting ring,” he said.
Coincidence?
“Two different American ladies look like the answer to what's going on. They bought flights for the men and were apparently very close to these boys.”
Why did the women buy flights for SA teachers and why did they accept it?
One of the American women, who had developed a relationship with Bothma, was said to have demonstrated a lack of emotion
They have lied about their whereabouts and the circumstances around their relationships with these boys
According to Sooliman, the woman told the same aunt that Bothma was considering selling a kidney, which he said was indicative of her having “slipped up”
These two US women recruited these South African men because they know the SA gov don't give a crap about them and know the SA gov won't put pressure on the US gov to question them.
If something goes wrong they can easily say the two willingly sold a kidney each to pay back the flight tickets.

Knyro

Honorary Master
I would wear an HIV+ and Syphilis Positive bracelet if I go to dodgy harvesting countries.
Don't think this would work. Like organ harvesters care if the patient gets an HIV positive transplant. Not like they can go to the police without incriminating themselves. At of the day the harvesters made money and it's on to the next sucker.

skimread

Executive Member
Why would he hook up with such an older short unattractive woman? There are so many girls in Vietnam looking for a western man but he become a couple with her instead.
Does he have mommy issues?

They were a couple but her facebook has no pictures of him. :unsure:

Last edited:

theratman

Executive Member

Mushfiq Daniels ain't white.

Jings

Honorary Master
Why would they need to kidnap people, when they have a vast array of people who will willingly sell their organs due to being poverty stricken?
Donors need to match. Not like there is a large window of time for recipients to receive an organ. If there wasn't such a long waiting list for donations, do you think there would be a black market for organs?

Mushfiq Daniels ain't white.
Ok, non-black people are at a disadvantage due to BEE. Happy now?

skimread

Executive Member
Unemployment rate is high. Lots of black africans also doing teaching in China.

maumau

Honorary Master
Talking about organ harvesters not giving a hoot, an acquaintance of mine donated eggs in India every 2 years until she reached the cut off age of 35. She's an ex heroin addict and used various drugs throughout her life.