OSX on netbooks

d0b33

Honorary Master
OSX is not that much fun on a small screen, my macbook 13" requires me to have small dock icons and even then screen pace is still an issue, with Linux your can install a version of UNR and screen space is not an issue.

OSX is just better with a big display.

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
Aqua_lung, you're missing the point. I'm have specific requirements. The only applications so far that meet these requirements, are OSX based. So OSX it is.

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
You do realise the link you posted (which I posted at the top of the article, btw) shows the two notebooks you quote as being the best, are not in fact fully compatible? Check the top of the chart: Dell Mini 9/Vostro A90, Eee 1000H, and HP Mini 1000 are all shown as working out of the box.

Velenoso

Expert Member
How does one know if OSX will run on a particular Intel system? I was thinking of buying an iMac, but if I can get my current PC to run it, then why not?

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
How does one know if OSX will run on a particular Intel system? I was thinking of buying an iMac, but if I can get my current PC to run it, then why not?

Because it's illegal?

In answer to your question, google 'hackintosh'

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Because it's illegal?

If he buys Mac OSX he should be able to run it. I know Apple doesn't allow it but unofficially at least he should be able to - if he wants. It's also not illegal in terms of criminal law - it's more of a breach of license. It's not a criminal offense.

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
Good luck explaining that to BSA. Illegal is Illegal. He asked for a reason why not to. Not if it's possible or if he should be able to.

Velenoso

Expert Member
It really doesn't concern me if it is legal or illegal. Thanks for the help, lot of info to look through for hackintosh.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Good luck explaining that to BSA. Illegal is Illegal. He asked for a reason why not to. Not if it's possible or if he should be able to.

I don't think BSA would pursue him in this case. In fact I don't think that's ever happened in regards to Hackintoshes. He can show them the box.

For home use, he can refuse BSA entry or have them arrested for trespassing. BSA are not law enforcement.

Of course in the EU you can do whatever you want with an OS as EULAs are not legally binding, I know we're not in the EU, but you are:).