Our economy must be booming! (Wireless ISP's and Level-7 Rant)

R4ziel

Expert Member
It must be great to be in a economy where you don't need customers and your sales people don't need to respond to emails or phone calls, I wish I was part of this!!

I haven't had internet for a month now since my ADSL was stolen, I was desperate enough to almost sign for Business fibre despite the cost because that was the only thing available, no residential fibre In the time since my lines were stolen, I contacted Every ISP that showed they had coverage in my area, via email or trying to call them. I had 10+ ISP's I was awaiting response from, with only one actually coming back to me. Skyfi came out after 2 weeks of signing the contracts, without testing or actually seeing whether it was viable to install. When the techs got there they could not provide any line of sight to their tower, so a no go on the installation.

During the 2 weeks I was waiting for them to come install, I was still inquiring about viability of a solution at my house, but no one got back to me. Sending multiple emails to Level-7 seems to at least have gotten a response from them via email, but even after me stating to the sale guy I am totally desperate and need someone to come do a test out there ASAP, he is not getting back to me or returning messages I left for him. This has been the same for a lot of other ISP's. Some of them show coverage in the area, but when they actually check they don't have any

If a customer has to work this hard just to get a sales person to actually call them and get their services, they must either be making deals all day and dealing with clients, or not actually doing anything because the economy is doing so great and they don't need customers.

I'ts not like I live on a farm somewhere miles away from civilization, I stay in PTA, which you would think would have proper infrastructure

kabusi

Expert Member
It must be great to be in a economy where you don't need customers and your sales people don't need to respond to emails or phone calls, I wish I was part of this!!

I haven't had internet for a month now since my ADSL was stolen, I was desperate enough to almost sign for Business fibre despite the cost because that was the only thing available, no residential fibre In the time since my lines were stolen, I contacted Every ISP that showed they had coverage in my area, via email or trying to call them. I had 10+ ISP's I was awaiting response from, with only one actually coming back to me. Skyfi came out after 2 weeks of signing the contracts, without testing or actually seeing whether it was viable to install. When the techs got there they could not provide any line of sight to their tower, so a no go on the installation.

During the 2 weeks I was waiting for them to come install, I was still inquiring about viability of a solution at my house, but no one got back to me. Sending multiple emails to Level-7 seems to at least have gotten a response from them via email, but even after me stating to the sale guy I am totally desperate and need someone to come do a test out there ASAP, he is not getting back to me or returning messages I left for him. This has been the same for a lot of other ISP's. Some of them show coverage in the area, but when they actually check they don't have any

If a customer has to work this hard just to get a sales person to actually call them and get their services, they must either be making deals all day and dealing with clients, or not actually doing anything because the economy is doing so great and they don't need customers.

I'ts not like I live on a farm somewhere miles away from civilization, I stay in PTA, which you would think would have proper infrastructure
You are offering them your money and they do not want to take it!
At least you got to guage the service levels you will get if you had signed up.

mrlgm007

family of mine in the same boat no connection for the last 4 weeks.

eg2505

Honorary Master
typical dont care SA attitude one sees everywhere these days,

from the roads, to the guy begging at the robots.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep

Hi R4ziel

Would you mind sending me a PM with your details so that I can look into your query with us and hopefully asisst.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Hi R4ziel

Would you mind sending me a PM with your details so that I can look into your query with us and hopefully asisst.

Hi, your sales people showed me that you really don't need any more customers, so if that is any indication of the service I would get from you I am actually glad I saw that before I signed any contracts.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Hi, your sales people showed me that you really don't need any more customers, so if that is any indication of the service I would get from you I am actually glad I saw that before I signed any contracts.

Hi R4ziel

We had arranged a site survey as requested. However you cancelled the request.

I checked your address submitted and I can see from street view that you clearly see the 3 storey house on the hill behind you so giving you a link shouldnt be a problem at all.

If you change your mind feel free to speak to Luc or Vincent and we'll get you installed asap. :)

R4ziel

Expert Member
Hi R4ziel

We had arranged a site survey as requested. However you cancelled the request.

I checked your address submitted and I can see from street view that you clearly see the 3 storey house on the hill behind you so giving you a link shouldnt be a problem at all.

If you change your mind feel free to speak to Luc or Vincent and we'll get you installed asap. :)

Replied via PM

Dracos13

Mr level7, I am in PTA mountain view, I want to drop DSTV, stream decent speeds and not have issues, preferably no contract, please contact me.