Our money will be available to all South African businesses - Johann Rupert

JustAsk

Expert Member
I will not be donating a penny to that charity. I will rather give it to people close to me who need the assistance. Financial assistance based on racial quotas is sick...
the irony...

ponder

Honorary Master
They will be in for a world of pain if they have some internal policy like that...
We've seen this happen before, set race based criteria, a little outcry and the policy is removed from public but still implemented in the background. SAA did this and then some newspaper submitted a whole bunch of applications where all the white applicants were immediately declined but not the black ones. We've also seen this in gov job vacancies where the position is not filled or people not promoted requiring court cases to compel the gov to appoint them or progress them.

In this case they removed the public requirements but still left the fields in the application form there that can determine the race-based criteria in the background. This is not exactly the time to be doing a compliance audit as suggested, the seed has been planted and it just looks outright bad.

This is the same gov that set race-based quotas for school kids and then backpedalled and people believe their BS.

Spectrum1

I stopped being a 'Proud White' in 1994, and became a South African.
Anything else is racist.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
I wonder why the big black philanthropist and brother in law of our president is not funding to this cause ? Does he not trust that it will be administered properly ?

aleksandar

the irony...
There is no irony, my fully employed helper was sent home last week.
Salary paid in advance in order to be able to provide for her family and I will support her until his lasts.
Gardener also did not show up yesterday but I did transfer to his account.
Wife is busy prepping package for other people and none are of our racial group.

Your view that somehow white people are in some sort of lager and only help our own is really disappointing.

Emjay

Executive Member
There is no irony, my fully employed helper was sent home last week.
Salary paid in advance in order to be able to provide for her family and I will support her until his lasts.
Gardener also did not show up yesterday but I did transfer to his account.
Wife is busy prepping package for other people and none are of our racial group.

Your view that somehow white people are in some sort of lager and only help our own is really disappointing.
I really want him to give me his perspective.

aleksandar

they are our landlords!!
Well numbers tell different story, this is one of the biggest landlords in SA.

Just think of it, trust owns more land than size of Israel and still we need to give him minimum R70 million every year from our tax money.
I would be ashamed to own so much and still take money that could be used to empower and help my people.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
We've seen this happen before, set race based criteria, a little outcry and the policy is removed from public but still implemented in the background. SAA did this and then some newspaper submitted a whole bunch of applications where all the white applicants were immediately declined but not the black ones. We've also seen this in gov job vacancies where the position is not filled or people not promoted requiring court cases to compel the gov to appoint them or progress them.

In this case they removed the public requirements but still left the fields in the application form there that can determine the race-based criteria in the background. This is not exactly the time to be doing a compliance audit as suggested, the seed has been planted and it just looks outright bad.

This is the same gov that set race-based quotas for school kids and then backpedalled and people believe their BS.
I wouldn't be surprised if government-aligned this fund with the preferential procurement regulations. For some time now all of the enterprises in South Africa had to submit the status of their procurements, and as I have found out EME (Exempted Micro Enterprise) is excluded from this submission for qualifying as BEE. It will be different from this fund as micro-enterprises will also need assistance.