Our money will be available to all South African businesses - Johann Rupert

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It wasn't, it was in the leaked draft created yesterday. The upfront criteria has since been removed but the determining criteria fields remain in the application form.

So once again, what part is fake?
Ponder is correct, the draft most certainly wasn't fake. Drafts, however, are subject for review and amendments. There is a chance that it may have been a 'stock draft', aligned with the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA) which was accommodated for this fund. I doubt the stakeholders of the said fund would have approved in any case. As added by Ponder, the government only really apply changes when the minority's interest is making noise.

Previously with the Yes4Youth initiative, even though they made registration available for all, the criteria of benefits continued unchanged which defeats the purpose.

Yes, I agree with Ponder.

ponder

Honorary Master
Previously with the Yes4Youth initiative, even though they made registration available for all, the criteria of benefits continued unchanged which defeats the purpose.
I forgot about that sterling example...

Gazg

I notice CR never donated a brass bean from his ill gotten trough of R4 billion towards the plight of his own people

Ye, let's do this together SA.
From the safest places come the bravest words ..
Patrice Motsepe and the boys???

JustAsk

Expert Member
All this willingness to help even after what the ANC and EFF smear campaigns under Cyril and Julius did to the Ruperts.

He is a better man than me, I won't give this government a cent.
I'm sure all that "help" was negotiated for plenty of tax cuts, other government incentives and influence for at least the next 20 years. Big business NEVER do anything for no gain.

Last edited:

prOd

Expert Member
I notice CR never donated a brass bean from his ill gotten trough of R4 billion towards the plight of his own people

Ye, let's do this together SA.
From the safest places come the bravest words ..
What other presidents have given their own money away for Covid-19 causes?

JustAsk

Expert Member
There is no irony,
Did not quote you, did i?

Your view that somehow white people are in some sort of lager and only help our own is really disappointing.
Isn't this b1tchfest about a fake claim that black people/government only will help their own. This time the irony is lost on you.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I'm sure all that "help" was negotiated for plenty of tax cuts, other government incentives and influence for at least the next 20 years. Big business NEVER do anything for no gain.
Why should they? Do you do anything for no gain? Come work for me for free.

If the economy tanks so will big business and then more people will be unemployed.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Why should they? Do you do anything for no gain? Come work for me for free.

If the economy tanks so will big business and then more people will be unemployed.
You just don't know how to read context, do you?

Now stop responding to nonsense nobody said.

Mar Vin

Expert Member
Certain group here always makes every flippen news story racial....The minute any other group does so they're called Trolls.....

sh*t....aren't you happy that it's for all businesses and not only black??? complain if they do, complain if they don't huh

Daruk

Honorary Master
If I'm not mistaken, estimated stolen under Zuma = 1 Trillion ZAR
1 000 000 000 000

Made available for covid-19 relief by Rupert and Oppenheimer (each) = 1 Billion ZAR:
1 000 000 000

Made available for covid-19 relief by government = 150 Million ZAR:
150 000 000

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Certain group here always makes every flippen news story racial....The minute any other group does so they're called Trolls.....

sh*t....aren't you happy that it's for all businesses and not only black??? complain if they do, complain if they don't huh

Sad that a certain group may not highlight the issue without criticism. Yes, the original draft was formally dated for 23rd of March 2020. From a further study of this debacle, the policy by design may have accommodated the SMMESA database for allocation of funds. Most of the information is already accessible through the CIPC, SARS, etc, but the department's reasoning is for centralising this information which I assume is collected for more than only this fund which may or may not be applied to future policymaking.

SilverCode

It must be noted that Rupert’s donation is part of the Solidarity fund, which is separate from the government’s SMME relief fund
It isn't clear from the article, but I imagine the 51% Black Owned clause in the draft policy document only applied to the governments fund. Solidarity, with the Ruperts money, can do whatever the hell they like.

I wonder if any of the other larger unions will follow Solidarity in setting up funds, or even contributing towards the governments one. Cosatu, Numsa, anyone? Or do they not care about actually helping their workers keep their jobs and making sure the economy stays afloat.